Contact: Niamh Hlubek
Materials Engineer - Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Materials Engineer for their site on a contract basis.
- Technical role in in the Cluster Material Development group. Collaborating with global functions including R&D, Engineering, NPI and Operations, the position will be responsible for identifying and supporting strategic materials related engineering projects ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability in the development of new processes.
- The role involves working with a cross functional team to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the implementation of materials technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in Materials & Surface Technology.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project management responsibility for Material Development projects
- Equipment and Process Validation for new cleaning technology
- Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
- Provide technical input and ownership for projects in the Cleaning Department of Materials & Surface Technology Group
- Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Implement of cost effective material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
- Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
- Support root cause analysis activities related to material processes
- Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
- Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BSc in Materials Science or Engineering.
- 2-4 years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry.
- Project management experience
- Equipment & Process Validation in a Regulated Industry
- Ph.D. or MSc qualification in Material Sciences or similar
- Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3)
- Additive Manufacturing experience
For further information on this Materials Engineer role in Cork please contact Niamh Hlubek on 0868168298 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval