Materials Engineer (Metallurgist)
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Materials Engineer (Metallurgist) for their site.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical input as a metallurgy SME
- Ownership for projects in Materials Development with a focus on metals forming processes.
- Participate in the development of long-term strategies for materials related technologies
- Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
- Perform materials characterisation and technical reports on materials analysis activities
- Implement of cost effective material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
- Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
- Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
- Project management responsibility for Material Development projects
- Support root cause analysis activities related to material processes
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
- Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
- BSc in Materials Science or Engineering and 2-4 years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry
- Or Ph.D. in Material Sciences or Engineering and 1 -2 year’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry
- Project management experience
- Masters or Ph.D in Material Sciences or similar
- Materials characterisation – advanced analytical techniques
- Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3)
- Surface Science Characterization Expertise (XRD, SEM, EDX etc)
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval