Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Materials Engineering Program Manager for their site.
In this leadership role, you will be responsible for the development, growth and delivery for the Materials portfolio of projects for a defined Virtual team across Global Orthopaedic. You will work cross functionally to ensure that all projects with regard to Quality, Service, Growth and Value are executed to exceed business metrics. Collaborating with Engineering, Source, R&D, Quality, Regulatory and Operations functions, the position will be responsible for identifying and leading a strategic Virtual team focusing on managing the materials related spend for the relevant suppliers and manufacturing facilities. The cross functional team will identify and deliver engineering projects ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability for legacy and new products. The role will be responsible for process standardization, portfolio execution and development of the Virtual Team technology roadmap to transform the manufacturing process End to End.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investigate & suggest a pipeline of technology projects to be implemented in partnership with our suppliers and in collaboration with our manufacturing plants to dramatically improve product manufacturing in the areas of Quality, Service, Growth & Cost for new and existing products.
- Lead the Virtual team, analyze investment requirements, development timing, market potential, and return on investment for all related projects.
- Develop WW Standards for related manufacturing technologies in partnership with our strategic suppliers.
- Manage operational interfaces across the manufacturing network related to Virtual team activities for legacy products and the deployment of new products from R&D.
- Partner with operations R&D to develop a research platform that will enable transformational changes in process capability for the Virtual team.
- Champion the development and deployment of the Ci2 innovative process for the virtual team in partnership with manufacturing sites worldwide.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio and project management system for the Virtual team.
- Develop and lead strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term.
- Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and QSR requirements.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
- Development of Capital Business Cases for related Projects.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Engineering, Science or a related Discipline is required. Master / Ph.D. In Engineering, Science or a related Discipline desirable.
- High level understanding of Materials related manufacturing processes with an emphasis on Forgings.
- Previous project management & people management expertise (8-10 years) on developing and implementing processes for new products.
- Proven experience in the development and implementation of Product Lifecycle Strategies for Life Sciences.
- Track record in Business Development in a Technical environment.
- Have held Senior Technical / Management Role in Med device or High Tech Industry.
- Previous R&D management experience in the medical device sector is desirable.
- Strong influencing and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills on maintaining project progress and on design issues.
- Decision making capability on technical and management issues.
- Extensive Problem solving Expertise (Six Sigma BB or SE certified).
- Product and Process Validation experience.
- Experience with risk management processes (i.e. DFMEA & PFMEA).
For further information on this Materials Engineering Program Manager role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval