The Materials Controller manages the purchasing and supply of quality raw materials, supplies and consumables to adequately support the production schedule in a cost-effective manner while minimising inventories. S/he is also responsible for shipping product to customers and for the conformance of the warehouse to the company?s quality system. He/she will also champion Continuous Improvement Activities within the company?s materials department in order to eliminate waste throughout the company.
Principal Duties and responsibilities
- Effectively purchase raw materials, production supplies and capital equipment in accordance with the company?s quality and financial systems.
- Work with the Manufacturing Managers to effectively plan materials to meet agreed production schedules.
- Work with the technical team to identify and deliver components on target to meet new product requirements.
- Develop relations with key vendors, establish their technical capability and work with them to source and identify new materials, manage potential stock ?outs or material discontinuations.
- Build and maintain a motivated competent warehouse team.
- Manage the receipt of raw materials and supplies in accordance with the company?s quality system.
- Implement stock management and purchasing control systems.
- Manage shipment of finished product, samples and equipment through packing for safe transportation, organisation of appropriate cost-effective transportation and generation of documentation as per the company?s quality system.
- Actively manage inventory to minimise inventory-carrying costs and ensure accuracy through cycle counting, effective location management and accurate record.
- Maintain warehouse areas to a high level of GMP, housekeeping and safety.
- Maintain clear and open communication with other staff, customers, suppliers and hauliers.
- Lead cross-functional teams to investigate and troubleshoot key areas of company concerns using a structured approach, such as Six-Sigma methodology.
- Define and execute projects in a time and resource efficient manner controlling associated budgets.
- Achieve project goals as agreed with the management team.
- Together with the management team target projects which will have the biggest impact in terms of improving key business metrics.
- Set up robust data collection systems that will support and drive projects and their continued monitoring after completion.
- Using best practices to identify areas of improvements in order to reduce waste and improve service.
- Give guidance to cross functional Core Teams in relation to projects/tasks under their control
- Through analysis of existing metrics and data, identify areas of potential concern before they arise and take action to prevent occurrence of the failure
- Should have a materials management qualification.
- A strong working knowledge of plastics and plastic processing technologies would be a distinct advantage.
- S/he should have a proven track record in Supply Chain Management Project Planning and Execution.
- Experience in a medical device/pharmaceutical and/or diagnostics manufacturing industry is necessary.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the medical device industry and of ISO13485:2003, specifically in the areas of Change Control and Validation.
- S/he must be innovative and have a good technical aptitude.
- S/he should have strong communication, project management, organisational and influencing skills
- Ability to effectively manage a wide range of diverse activities simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Self-starter with good motivational and inter-personal skills
For further information on this Materials Manager role in Roscommon please contact Aoife O Reilly on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval