Our client, a medical device company in Roscommon are currently looking to recruit a Materials Manager for their site.
Purpose of position:
- The Materials Manager manages the purchasing and supply of quality raw materials, supplies and consumables to adequately support the production schedule in a cost-effective manner while minimising inventories. S/he is also responsible for the conformance of the warehouse to the company quality system. He/she will also champion Continuous Improvement Activities within the company materials department in order to eliminate waste throughout the company.
- Effectively manage the purchase raw materials, production supplies and capital equipment in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Work with the Manufacturing Manager to ensure materials are always available to meet planned production schedules.
- Work with the technical team to source materials, advise lead times and deliver components on target to meet new product requirements.
- Develop relations with key vendors, establish their technical capability and work with them to source and identify new materials, manage potential stock -outs or material discontinuations.
- Build and maintain a motivated competent warehouse team.
- Manage the receipt of raw materials and supplies in accordance with the company quality system.
- Implement and maintain effective stock management and purchasing control systems.
- Manage shipment of finished product, samples and equipment through packing for safe transportation, organisation of appropriate cost-effective transportation and generation of documentation as per the company quality system.
- Actively manage inventory to minimise inventory-carrying costs and ensure accuracy of same through cycle counting and effective location management.
- Maintain warehouse areas to a high level of GMP, housekeeping and safety.
- Maintain clear and open communication with other company staff, customers, suppliers and hauliers.
- Lead cross-functional teams to investigate and troubleshoot key areas of company concerns using a structured approach, such as Six-Sigma methodology.
- Define and execute projects in a time and resource efficient manner controlling associated budgets.
- Achieve project goals as agreed with the management team.
- Using best practices to identify areas of improvements in order to reduce waste and improve service.
- Give guidance to cross functional Core Teams in relation to projects/tasks under their control through analysis of existing metrics and data, identify areas of potential concern before they arise and take action to prevent occurrence of the failure
- Manage the approved vendor list through management of all aspects of material supply and stock control including product stewardship, customer owned or customer supplied materials, material changes or discontinuations, obsolete stock or stock takin/cycle counting
- Build relationships with intercompany materials teams in order to strengthen global supply
- All materials and warehouse personnel.
- Should have a materials management qualification.
- A strong working knowledge of plastics and plastic processing technologies would be a distinct advantage.
- S/he should have a proven track record in Supply Chain Management Project Planning and Execution.
- Experience in a medical device/pharmaceutical and/or diagnostics manufacturing industry is necessary.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the medical device industry and of ISO13485:2003, specifically in the areas of Change Control and Validation.
- S/he must be innovative and have a good technical aptitude.
- S/he should have strong communication, project management, organisational and influencing skills
- Ability to effectively manage a wide range of diverse activities simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Self-starter with good motivational and inter-personal skills
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval