Telephone: 086 0449371
Materials Project Manager
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Materials Project Manager for their site.
Why will I be doing
- The Material Project / Process Improvement Leader is responsible for driving transformational change through the use of Lean and Six Sigma tools within the factory.
- This position is expected to lead efforts to compress cycle times, improve inventory turns, leverage technology, improve service and reduce waste in all Materials processes. In addition, this position will regularly interface with suppliers, global procurement, operations hourly plant personnel, engineering, finance, and plant leadership.
- This is the primary communication link between leadership teams and project teams; works with both project teams and leadership teams to deliver projects on schedule and on budget; identifies and updates risk profile and contingencies as well as developing options during the course of the project.
- Lead site Rapid Improvement Events that focus on Materials Management processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Document what is normal state and identify actions to correct abnormal conditions
- Develop and manage the reporting system that compares gaps to what is normal and address variances.
- Utilizes six-sigma and lean manufacturing tools to identify service, cash, and/or cost savings opportunities.
- Works with the Materials Manager to develop and prioritize a projects pipeline for the group.
- Works with Materials Management group to improve measurements, analysis, development, and implementation of tools such as gap analysis, process performance, problem escalation, standard work, and cycle time reduction.
- Assists the Materials team with new product introduction and team related project completion.
- Develop, implement and drive adherence to standard work as set by the Materials Council across the functions
- Drive continuous improvement activities by establishing and executing a daily materials Gemba walk in all functional areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What do I need
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering discipline
- Experience with rate-based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments
- Experience in operations, inventory management, Engineering, MRP and lean manufacturing processes
- Experience with visual management systems
- Knowledge of personal computer applications required (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Six sigma Green/Black Belt certification preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- APICS certification preferred and/or line of sight to certification within 24 months
- 3- 5 years of project management and/or manufacturing experience
- Proficiency with Oracle or similar ERP system
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval