Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Materials Scientist for their site.
Job Description / Information
- This is an exciting new position where the successful candidate will be responsible for providing design support for a range of implantable synthetic biomaterials (organic and inorganic).
- Working together with healthcare professionals and the Marketing team, the successful candidate will help support and develop a best in class product portfolio and a sustainable product pipeline.
- The successful candidate will leverage technical and clinical knowledge to guide the direction of new product development and drive innovative process improvements for existing products.
- This position requires a bright, creative, energetic and innovative thinker. The successful candidate will assimilate information quickly, understand the limitations of current materials and processes, and determine how to overcome such limitations to meet product performance and customer requirements. They need to be future focused, capable of seeing what might be possible and able to work to implement this vision.
- They will be part of a core team responsible for assessing and commercializing new technology and product opportunities.
- Lead research programs related to biomaterials, product development and testing, and new technology development & commercialization
- Identification, scouting, development, and commercialization of new polymers, materials, and compounds designed to improve, differentiate, and broaden the business? product line.
- Identify and assess new technologies to assist in achieving its mission to make healthcare better while realizing growth and financial goals.
- Become an expert in relevant surgical procedures and use this knowledge in the development of products that meet surgeons? needs and improve patient outcomes.
- Lead the development of a sustainable product pipeline based on an established product platform.
- Keep abreast of latest research and pertinent technical literature.
- Monitor and provide technical analysis of competitor product improvements and intellectual property.
- Work with internal partners, manufacturing and business/commercial leaders, as well as with peers and R&D leadership to capture value, gain competitive advantage, and deliver financial results through product and process innovation.
- Provide scientific and technical leadership in specified areas of materials science and process technology.
- Provide technical support for existing manufacturing processes.
- Academic qualifications in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, materials engineering or in a related discipline, ideally to PhD level, Level 8 degree is a minimum requirement
- Percent Travel Required Up to 20%
For further information on this Materials Scientist role in Cork please contact Nicola O?Connell on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval