Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer for their site in Cork.
- Development of medical device products from concept to production. Participation in multifunctional product development teams and liaison with marketing for the development and specification of new concepts for medical device products.
- Will work with a highly creative design team in and out of the company to invent and develop innovative successful new product concepts. Create smart, innovative solutions to mechanical design challenges. Conducts research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity.
- Evaluate and optimize concepts for mechanical function and manufacturability. Develop product designs and create prototypes from customer concepts and/or specs to test and validate ideas
- Will determine and implement design approaches and parameters and conduct feasibility studies on new designs. Will analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests and evaluate the results. Lead and/or participate in design review meetings.
- Will select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements. Work with advanced quality engineers to develop component specific testing and inspection protocols.
- Liaison with advanced process development and supply chain personnel for the specification and sourcing of raw materials and suppliers.
- Communicate with suppliers, advanced manufacturing engineering and advanced operations to resolve issues and optimize design for manufacturability and efficiency. Will ensure designs are cost efficient, manufacturable and reliable.
- Will lead and contribute significantly in efforts to identify, determine product requirements, generate production drawings for parts and assemblies and develop and manage full product design documentation
- This position is accountable for achieving product performance and quality objectives, project planning and effective execution, as well as communicating project status and escalating issues when appropriate.
- Independently determines and develops approach to resolving end customers product related issues, through problem solving and troubleshooting product design, and product training.
- Bachelor Engineering Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Materials Science) with a minimum of 2 years or more experience
- A Master's Degree or PhD in an engineering field is desirable.
For further information on this Mechanical Design Engineer role please contact Bimi Felix at firstname.lastname@example.org