Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer for their site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will have the opportunity to lead the design activities with relevant project teams to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- You will be expected to work with internal and external customers through development, FAT, installation and commissioning stages.
- Promote innovation and proactively monitor new technology. Maintain proficiency with all industry standards and practices especially CE marking of manufacturing equipment.
- Develop, recommend and apply sound construction concepts to achieve design for manufacturability
- Recognize and develop prototypes of high risk mechanisms
- Lead and mentor team members, assign day to day activities, checks and approves the work produced is acceptable.
- Review vendor capability, assign and manage projects as appropriate.
- Maintain proficiency with all software and computer techniques regularly used in equipment design.
- Ensure appropriate and relevant documentation is in place where required within area(s) of responsibility.
- We are looking for a qualified person to Bachelor/Master's Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electronics or related engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience of working in FDA regulated industries such as Medical devices and pharmaceutical is desirable.
- Experience with 3D mechanical design - SolidWorks, Inventor or equivalent.
- Experience of leading multidisciplinary teams of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers to bring an equipment / automation project to completion.
- Experience of machine vison integration is an advantage
- Experience of translating user needs documents into equipment requirement specifications
- Ideally you will have strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record in innovative design.
- You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively.
- You demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm and motivation, and the ability to take input from others. You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- You collaborate across organizational boundaries.
- You expeditiously take appropriate actions when problems occur.
- The company Traits are a set of values, behaviours, and capabilities needed from employees in the face of a changing business model to achieve growth targets.
- Mission values: You consciously work to bring the Mission alive. You strive to continuously improve quality in our people, processes and products. You are a role model for community service and good citizenship
- Executes: You take accountability for and deliver consistent decisions, actions, and results. You align your team, allowing people to move quickly in a coordinated fashion.
- Boundary less: You break down silos. You collaborate across organizational boundaries. You foster diverse thinking and integration
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval