Telephone: 087 2197421
Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Mechanical Design Engineer for their site.
Responsibilities as Mechanical Design Engineer:
- In charge of delivering a robust design in line with the requirements, constraints and economical targets.
- Apply the Constant Innovation Policy Handbook.
- Applies Standardisation rules, exceptionally will request de-standardisations based on sound justifications.
- Calls for all necessary design reviews.
- Report and escalate to his project manager and/or R&D Metier Manager as needed.
- Detailed scheduling and budgeting
- Understands the project milestones, then translates them to mechanical activities to meet the overall project milestones.
- Documents a schedule and then follows the Mechanical activities to meet the overall project plan.
- Management of the contributors
- Regular review with the Metier Department Manager to check alignment between the needs and availabilities.
- Involvement on P0, P1 and P2 projects (Current engineering, new customer projects and future projects).
- Experience in developing products from concept to production in an automotive environment.
- Problem solving techniques and methodical approaches to same.
- Operating within a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Designing to budget.
- Developing project plans and working within agreed plans and timelines.
- Tooling and moulding experience - ability to identify and suggest part improvements.
- Experience in developing 2D drawings & designing using 3D CAD - Catia V5 R24 onwards, preferred.
- Vehicle Packaging investigations and concept evaluation.
- Tolerance investigations and stack up analysis experience required.
- Detailed Drawings and Drawing Control inc. GD+T.
- Interfacing across a multidisciplinary environment in a clear and effective manner must be demonstrated.
- Experience interfacing with Suppliers and customers.
Exposure to and experience with:
- Vehicle/Product verification organising, analysis and report writing.
- Broad experience in injection moulding, metal casting, metal forming, adhesives and prototype-manufacturing methods is a necessity.
- DFMEA techniques, DFM/DFA techniques, PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) type techniques.
- Design Review Procedures, BOM Creation, Presentations.
- Working within quality systems i.e. ISO9001 / TS16949.
- Experienced in MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MiniTab and MS Power Point.
- Interpretation of the results from Simulation Reports and feeding back on the same.
- Experience in Six Sigma an advantage.
- Relevant Mechanical Engineering Qualifications (Degree).
- Recent relevant experience in Design 3 years +.
- Knowledge of developing automotive cameras and or ECU’s a distinct advantage.
- A high degree of organisation and enthusiasm and the ability to communicate competently across all working levels; Management activities, interaction with OEM Customers, suppliers, other Departments and branches within the company.
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity.
- Mindset of continuous improvement and resilience.
For further information on this Mechanical Design Engineer role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.