Mechanical Design Engineer II
Job ID: JOB-13351
Title: Mechanical Design Engineer II
Contract: 12 month rolling
Location: Galway, IE
Reporting to: Manager II, Mechanical Design
Role Type: Hybrid
To collaborate and provide design expertise to the Equipment Engineering department in the design, manufacture, documentation, and continuous improvement of equipment and tooling for the production of medical devices.
- Generation of equipment designs which meet manufacturing, safety, CE and performance requirements. Designs include new tooling, fixtures, automated machines and modification/upgrades to same.
- Investigation of new technologies, generation of concepts and participation in Proof of Concept projects to enable automation and support Digital Factory initiatives.
- Providing technical leadership on equipment related product and process issues.
- May co-ordinate activities of a number of technicians/engineers.
- Working as part of the Equipment Engineering group this person will design new equipment for manufacturing. This person is required to take a lead role in the design of the equipment from concept to deployment.
- Work closely with internal and external machine build in order to ensure that the equipment is built according to the client specifications and is properly handed over to manufacturing.
- Ensure equipment solution are delivered within planned schedules and within budget.
- Ensure documentation/drawing standards for equipment meet the clients requirements.
- Ensure equipment meets CE marking standards.
- As part of the design team, this person is be expected to work closely with both internal and external specialists to complete equipment related projects.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Actively participate in departmental and plant Continuous Improvement through participation in Value Improvement Projects and Lean Business Process Projects as well as departmental standards etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidates are required to hold a Engineer Degree equivalent to or above NFQ Level 8 and have demonstrated track record in the design of equipment.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated track record in the design of equipment. Experience of AutoCAD/Solidworks, Pneumatics, Workshop Equipment, and Machine Building will be essential.
- The person should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Sinead Killalea on Consulting@hero.ie or 086-1287246
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13382 R&D Manager – Product Engineering / Sustaining Engineering The R&D team are growing, starting exciting…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13381 Quantity Surveyor The company is an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13357 We are a growing medical device company, based in Galway, and dedicated to reducing the…