Mechanical Design Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12711
Mechanical Design Engineer
Medical devices – Shannon
Our Shannon Based client is looking for a highly talented Mechanical Design Engineer. The role is part of the R&D team which develops Electronic-based electromechanical invasive surgical instruments along with wearable and minimally invasive devices for the medical device and health sectors.
As a Mechanical Engineer, this role will:
- Participate in Mechanical design feasibility, requirement capturing, architecture, design, implementation, integration, and verifications.
- Proof of concept design,
- Prototype development and test
- Design finalization through to launch in manufacturing.
- Perform fit and tolerance analysis for designs generated.
- Design Complex mechanical assemblies which integrate with electronics. This includes internal mechanisms along with outer housings.
- Work with both plastic and metal assemblies.
- Work with electromechanical systems.
- Work with cross functional teams such as industrial design, electronic and quality engineering to contribute to project schedules.
- Evaluate and implement designs to ensure that all agency requirements (UL, FDA, CE, etc.) are being met throughout the process.
- 2d and 3d drawing set development.
- Apply failure analysis skills to determine and document root cause of product, system, or component failure.
- Prepare detailed requirements and specification documentation to meet Medical Device Design standards.
- Present Ideas to both internal team and external customers.
- Interact on customer facing projects
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Minimum Level 8 degree or higher in mechanical engineering discipline.
- Background in medical devices.
- A strong knowledge of CAD. Solidworks or Inventor.
- Good communication skills essential.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to demonstrate creative thinking to solution design.
- Detail orientated.
- Working Knowledge of medical device standards and regulatory pathway.
- To be versatile in your day-to-day activities by providing cross-departmental support when necessary.
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12828 Associate Manager QA Regulatory Compliance We know it’s not all about the money when you’re looking…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12827 Senior QA Operations Manager Location: Limerick Permanent position Ready to join one of the truly great companies in…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12826 Engineering Manager Maintenance Engineering Location: Cork I am looking to speak with…