Telephone: 086 7738651
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer for their site.
- Mechanical Engineering (Honours) Degree
- Previous industry experience in Mechanical Design
- 3-D Modelling skills to a high standard – Pro-Engineer/Creo required
- Tool Design knowledge
- Hands on experience and an entrepreneurial approach
- A natural curiosity, collegiate style and engaging nature
- A fun loving, free spirited, and friendly approach who can seamlessly fit-in with our existing people
- Responsible for delivery of mechanical solutions that meet the requirements of product design teams, marketing, purchasing and manufacturing with respect to packaging, garments, plastic parts and other mechanical components.
- Generate design control documentation in line with the company quality system.
- Plan and carry out design verification and validation.
- Technically support implementation of new designs at vendors.
- Work with industrial designers at the handover stage of concepts and finalise mechanical requirements.
- Contribute to multi-functional project teams. Deliver mechanical designs that meet documented goals.
- You should have a university degree or equivalent and similar experience at a mid-level, ideally working with but not exclusively within Medical Devices or/and Consumer Electronics
- High standard of 3D Modelling sills – Pro-Engineer/Creo or Solid works required
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing presenting ideas clearly and concisely
- Can come up with innovative solutions to problems and contributes ideas for product/process improvements or new products
- Manage their own workload, meeting deadlines and allocating priorities
- Team-working skills for cross-functional teams
- Willingness to commit self to challenging objectives
- High standards of work
- Good analytical and problem-solving approach
- Systematic & orderly
- Works effectively under pressure
- Manages own time to good effect
- Knowledge of the IEC 60601 standard, ISO 13485 and ISO 14971 is an advantage
- Previous packaging and/or Fabrics experience an advantage
- Passionate, fearless and friendly
- Willing and determined to dig deep, innovate and drive brilliant execution
- Fuelled and heartened by the prospect of joining a wonderful team of people
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval