Contact: Caroline Kingston
Telephone: 086 8395531
Mechanical Engineer - Contract
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer for their site on a contract basis.
- Manage Aftermarket Projects related to accessories development and mechanical core parts
- Carry out risk analysis, test plan, testing and validation of the projects
- Assure the proper integration of accessories with the unit – combined testing
- Support product test for customers, other company departments and external test bodies including vibration, water protection, corrosion, etc.
- Develop and manage supplier partnerships with current and prospective new suppliers
- Knowledge of relevant safety standards and protocols applicable to mobile electrical machines
- Assist service department with technical expertise to troubleshoot and solve field problems.
- Maintaining knowledge and understanding of the impact of relevant industry standards
Qualifications & Key Competencies:
- Honors Primary degree, or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in Product development or automotive an advantage.
- Prior Experience of component qualification programs and new product development in an automotive/ machinery environment is a distinct advantage.
- Ability to manage critical product cost and new product development projects with team members and partners spread across global locations.
- Previous experience in other related areas, such as DFMEA, 6 Sigma, is desirable.
- Experience in ProEngineer or similar CAD system desirable.
- Capable of interpreting test data and developing and driving relevant corrective measures where necessary.
- Customer focus
- Action driven and high proactivity
- Ability to manage projects cross functionally
For further information on this Mechanical Engineering role in Galway please contact Caroline on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval