Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineering Manager for their site.
Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops ground-breaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. We are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you, to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick.
Our purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius.
We are looking for a highly talented Mechanical Engineering Manager to take responsibility for managing mechanical engineering activities and professionals on site and collaborating with BU Mechanical Engineering teams for priorities and technical direction. Being a split role – 60% leadership and 40% coaching/hands on, this will suit a proven hardware / mechanical lead professional who has the drive to lead and succeed. The suitable candidate will take full responsibility for resourcing projects, incorporating DFSS practices into engineering activities, staff technical development, recruiting and hiring as well as development of succession candidates.
You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
Be the Mechanical Engineering Manager:
- Project Core Team monitoring: assessing progress of assigned resources and influencing technical direction.
- Ensuring work conducted using good engineering practice, supported by appropriate analysis and test.
- Accountability for mechanical designs produced by staff
- Technical review of designs produced by design partners
- Partnering with other business leaders to optimize project execution.
- Program/Project Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Firmware Dev
- Continuous improvement activities of engineering and business processes to support improved quality, efficiency and time to market.
- Product related Risk Management activities
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge
- Customer focused
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience of working in a collaborative engineering environment
- Computer literate with good oral and written presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience with root cause investigation using a CAPA or other issue tracking process.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industrial experience in an electro-mechanical environment, preferably medical.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing technical staff
- Knowledge of international standards applicable to medical devices or IVD instrumentation.
- Experience with data acquisition, analysis, and statistical methods.
- Expertise in interdisciplinary systems, including electromechanical and electronic systems
- Experience in design verification of Medical Device in a FDA-regulated environment is preferred.
- Familiarity with SolidWork, and Minitab is highly desirable.
- Experience over the full product life cycle is desired.
- Experience with fluidics/microfluidics, thermal systems, optics & other detection methods is desirable.
For further information on this Mechanical Engineering Manager role in Limerick please contact Deirdre on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval