Mechanical HVAC Technician
Job ID: JOB-11561
Permanent Full time role
Deliver best quality maintenance standards to HVAC / Cooling Towers / Mechanical systems on site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Test and Balancing and/or Instrument and controls activities on AHU and ventilation plant.
- Perform general preventative and corrective maintenance on all types of Air Handling and HVAC systems.
- Perform general preventative and corrective maintenance on Site Cooling Towers.
- Carry out HVAC installation projects, refurbishing existing HVAC plant and general HVAC maintenance projects on Air handling/conditioning Systems.
- Carry out emergency HVAC repairs as an individual and as part of a team.
- Liaising with other engineering functions and Client organisation to complete maintenance works, reviewing plans for energy efficiency and maintaining records of materials used; orders and purchases for new materials, etc.
- Client facing activity and interaction on a daily basis very important.
- Ensure all works meet site KPI’s and standards of quality set forth in the client contract.
- Ensuring the HVAC system is fully operational and proactively resolving potential issues.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of spare parts on site.
- Excellent Client relationship and self-starter skill
- Instrument and Controls. (HVAC I&C)
- Test and Balancing. (Air and water)
- Minimum of 5 years’ HVAC maintenance experience in an engineering role within a regulated environment.
- Electrical qualifications would be a bonus.
- Previous hands-on experience in HVAC maintenance and projects inc. AHU’s, filters, chilled water, LPHW, coils, fans, controls, dampers, actuators, extract systems, VAV, VRV, split systems, spot cooling, general Plumbing experience, etc.
- Previous experience in Cooling Tower maintenance and operation
- Experience of Boiler Operations and Maintenance
- Ability to own maintenance responsibility and carry out works in isolation.
- Great computer skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, Windows, etc.
- Ability to make decisions and take necessary actions.
- Good analytical skills and ability to think logically in order to problem solve. Evaluate information from problem solving activities.
- Experience of working in a multi skilled team environment
- 5-6 plus years.
- HVAC experience within the maintenance/engineering/utilities/facilities environment.
- Cooling Tower experience within the maintenance/engineering/utilities/facilities environment.
- The successful candidate will have time served in a mechanical trade or Level 6 trade cert in Mechanical / Electrical field plus a minimum of 5-6 years’ HVAC / Cooling Tower experience.
- Knowledge and experience of use of maintenance management tools and techniques
For further information on this role please contact Tommy McKeown on 086 0100903 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11850 Supplier Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway is seeking to recruit a Supplier…
Job ID: JOB-11849 R&D Biomaterials Senior Engineer Our client a leading medical device company in Galway are seeking applicants for…
Job ID: JOB-11845 Control Systems Engineer Position Summary: Our client, based in Galway are recruiting for an experienced Control Systems…