Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Metrology Engineer for their site.
- Leads the activities to identify, investigate and develop a portfolio of inspection technologies to be deployed in our manufacturing plants to improve Quality and Value across the company.
- Interfaces with Quality, Operations and Engineering teams across the company to identify needs, opportunities and capabilities and to ensure the successful deployment of technologies within the sites.
- Work with all value stream and plants WW to analyse rationale, investment requirements, development timing, market potential, and return on investment for all new technology
- Oversee the specification and purchase of capital equipment during development ensuring balance between optimizing technological capabilities and return on investment.
- Ensure Lean principles are embedded into all technology development activities
- Interface and manage relationships with critical business stakeholders to ensure the successful adoption of all technologies across the Business (Regulatory, Design, Operations, Quality, Engineering)
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of manufacturing impact on product performance as perceived by the customer
- Manage technology development collaboration efforts with area SME’s, strategic partners and academic and research institutes.
- Awareness of Regulatory aspects in relation to the current and future technology trends
- Manage process development activities for the development of innovative processes that facilitate quality improvements and cost reduction across in the manufacturing environment
- Identify and manage relationships with third party vendors that provide critical process and product development support
- Identify and establish a research capability platform that will enable transformational changes in process capability at the company with particular focus on Inspection, Process analytical technology (PAT), Automation and Integration.
- Support and drive the implementation of Lean Equipment Design Methodologies
- Develop “Best in Class” implementation processes for Technology Teams
- Provides guidance to product and technology development teams
- Identify capital spend and budget requirements for Technology Projects
- Promote a quality-focused culture within the team, ensuring adherence to cGMP’s and Quality Systems as defined in the Quality Manual
- Provide timely and accurate central reporting on project activities to the project sponsors, stakeholders and senior management.
- Is an influential team member, fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and Site/Corporate objectives
- Supports teamwork and staff development through a commitment to mentoring and technical leadership
- Implement Program and Project Management Best Practices within the OTD Function.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the OTD Function.
- Performs pioneering engineering work as part of major programs
- Develop and maintain an environment of continuous improvement and process excellence
- Responsible for the management and justification of capital investment requirements in line with business growth
- Successfully integrate new technologies and processes into existing manufacturing operations ensuring good performance metrics and capacity planning
- Manage the integration of Operational and R&D groups for the execution of complex technical projects
- Instill and maintain a sense of urgency and customer focus within the Technology team.
- Prioritize projects in line with business requirements & strategic Engineering Excellence objectives.
- Act as voice of the customer.
- Work with engineering managers WW to ensure consistency within the engineering function at a plant wide level.
- Lead or actively participate in relevant cross-functional virtual teams to ensure projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Develop collaborative networks with the company and MD Corporate Franchises
- Flexible work ethic
- Strong influencing skills - Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Problem solving skills – To assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
- Decision Making – Required to make decisions on technical and management issues.
- Degree of responsibility – Must be capable of managing and developing the team.
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
- Extent of Confidentiality - Discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies & regulatory.
- 5+ years’ experience in Science, Engineering or a related Discipline and a Degree in Science, Engineering or a related Discipline
- Previous project management & people management expertise on developing and implementing new technologies.
- Proven Track Record in an Engineering Role within a Life Sciences Organisation
- Proven Track Record in High Tech Operational Role
- Demonstrated experience in the development of new technologies
- Proven Track Record in the development and implementation of complex new technologies
- Proven Track record collaborating with R&D and Operational functions to enable the delivery of complex Medical device Products and processes
- Proven Track Record in the delivery of cross functional projects
- Ph.D or equivalent experience
- Experience in multiple verticals across Life Sciences (Pharma, Med Tech, Bio)
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval