Telephone: 086 8395531
Our client, a medical device company in Cork is currently looking to recruit a Metrology Engineer for their site.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interprets drawings featuring Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5 to identify product inspection requirements.
- Writes and edits programs utilized in manufacturing PC-DMIS, COSMO & CALYPSO, etc.
- Serves as technical expert for metrology inspection.
- Facilitates, encourage and coordinate continuous improvement with respect to inspection activities.
- Set-up data collection parameters for inspection measurements where required.
- Installation of inspection assets as to follow local validation lifecycle.
- Develops inspection strategies to meet business needs.
- Development of new inspection techniques as required.
- Development of standard platforms where applicable (vision systems, contact/non-contact inspection systems.
- Develop method of “gauge” evaluation to consider, calibration frequencies, gauge life, fit for purpose, etc.
- Generates the inspection report per the customer requirements.
- Performs 1st Article inspection of newly developed product.
- Site lead on development of inspection fixturing to ensure minimum measurement error during inspection.
- Inspect complex machined fixtures, and parts using advanced measuring and layout instruments and equipment.
- Participates in design reviews on cross-functional teams to ensure that conformance to specifications, inspect ability, reliability, and quality system objectives are met.
- Assist engineers with qualification and validation of new or changed tooling or parts.
- Prepare detailed inspection documentation such as written descriptions of inspection results including deviations from engineering specifications.
- Work from written or verbal instructions, detailed engineering drawings, and 3D models.
- Writing of work instructions for inspection techniques relating to standard platforms for associates.
- Development of validation approach in conjunction with QA for all inspection platforms.
- Training of QA/Manufacturing personnel to execute measurement method/equipment.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proficient in writing and editing CMM programs (PC-DMIS/COSMO/CALYPSO)
- Proficient in set-up and operation of inspection equipment
- Proficient in metrology methods/technology
- Proficient in reading/interpreting engineering drawings and the application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5
- Proficient in mathematical applications- Algebra, Geometry, & Trigonometry
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Knowledge of mechanical inspection methods and tools used to determine product acceptance
- Ability to investigate and learn new technologies within metrology
- Certificate / Diploma / Degree in Quality / Manufacturing / Engineering
- Minimum 3 years in CMM programming PC-DMIS/COSMOS/CALYPSO programming experience desirable.
- Experience of laser scanning techniques and other inspection technologies.
- Knowledge of 21 CFR 820, 21 CFR 11 and European regulations associated with the medical device industry
- High understanding of GMP
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis software.
For further information on this Metrology Engineer role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.