Microbiologist I & II
Job ID: JOB-12177
Microbiologist I and Microbiologist II
We are looking to speak with experienced MICROBIOLOGISTS about this great new job opportunity in Galway with one of our leading clients? This company stands out for their culture, exceptional career development pathways and unrivalled rewards and recognition packages.
This exciting new job opportunity in Microbiology is located in Galway. Galway, voted “Europe most Friendliest City 2020”!
Apply to us to find out more about this great job opportunity in Microbiology in Galway and we can talk through if it’s the right job for you.
Microbiologist I – Permanent – Hybrid
Microbiologist II – FTC – Hybrid
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Responsible for maintaining a full understanding and complying with all the regulations governing the quality system (including ISO 17025).
- Ensure all training is completed as per Laboratory Training Program 90188455.
- Co-ordinate and train to ensure compliance to mandatory training requirements.
- Responsible for reviewing all data and associated data reports generated in the laboratory for conformance to specifications.
- Provide technical guidance/trouble shooting in the event of Microbiology related issues.
- Assists in the implementation of new tests, new technology, and improvements to existing tests.
- Perform new equipment qualifications and requalification’s as assigned and write related protocols/reports.
- Provide direction to Technician roles and various operations workstreams.
- Attend and represent the Microbiology Laboratory at various meetings and on cross functional project teams as required.
- Support Internal/External Audits and ensures all non-conformances are adhered to in a timely manner.
- Designee for Laboratory Supervisor as required, by overseeing the day to day operation of the Microbiology laboratory.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
- Perform and assist with additional duties as may be directed by the Microbiology supervisor/Manager.
If Plant Microbiologist, additional key responsibilities include:
- Compile, Review and Report Environmental metrics;
- Calculate and review product bioburden alert limits and cleanroom air and surface alert and action limits;
- Establishes and monitors appropriate Lab Metrics including Management Review support;
- Review and Assess from a microbiology context all changes that impact product or the cleanroom environment including introduction of new products;
- Provides technical support on microbiology related issues to various operational department
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System
Qualifications and Experience:
- HETAC Level 8 degree (240 credits) in Microbiology or similar discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Good technical capabilities in Microbiology, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 would be beneficial.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Emma Griffin on +353 86 0334325 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11422 Cost Accountant Our client is recruiting for a permanent contract role in Drogheda. This role…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12208 Senior Training & Development Specialist We are looking to speak with experienced Senior Training &…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12141 HR Business Partner Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values…