Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Microbiology Technician in a permanent position for their site.
The Microbiology Technician is responsible for carrying out routine microbiology laboratory activities including environmental monitoring of cleanrooms; microbial analysis of site utilities and testing of raw material, commercial, clinical and development batches. Further, the position holder will manage the microbial analysis of products included in the Global Stability program. Microbial monitoring and testing is performed in line with regulatory requirements.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
Perform key tasks for release and stability testing such as:
- Environmental Monitoring
- water sampling
- growth promotion
- in-process testing
- Sterility testing
- Antibiotic Assay
- Draft and review documentation –SOPs, protocols, training modules, investigations, reports, CAPAs and deviations.
- Trending of results and preform investigations into adverse or out of limit results
- Validation of equipment and microbiology test methods
Education and Experience:
- 3rd Level Qualification in Microbiology or equivalent scientific degree
- 12 months working in a manufacturing environment. Preferably Aseptic processing.
- Working knowledge of both Pharmaceutical Industry and sterile processing.
- Strong background in Aseptic’s and/or Microbiology
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies (includes Licenses, Credentials):
- Achieves a high level of competency in laboratory methods and procedures to support raw material, utility, in process, release and stability testing of sterile products.
- Performs routine and non-routine Microbiological testing activities as required.
- Ensures that all testing is completed, reviewed and approved within agreed turnaround times.
- Ensures activities are carried out in compliance with product license commitments, cGMP, company quality standards and legislative regarding health, safety and environment.
For further information on this Microbiology Technician role in Mayo please contact Nick Harrison on 086 0468858 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.