Moulding Process Development Engineer
Our client a successful multinational contract device manufacturer medical device company based in Galway is hiring a Moulding Process Development Engineer who will directly support New product development and scale up of production.
The NPI group work with R&D teams to bring their concepts all the way through to volume manufacturing. Closely aligning all stakeholders to achieve the best product, with greater product efficiencies is the ultimate goal of each transfer project. The transfer process is an ideal window in which to achieve these efficiencies by undertaking DFM, process optimization, sustaining engineering, process automation, supply chain optimization and the application of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies.
Our client is looking for an individual who can push the bounds of current capabilities and deliver the next generation of robust products and processes. The role offers diversity, and the opportunity to become a process development expert. Working on Black Belt Six Sigma teams the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape future technologies across the spectrum of less invasive medical devices.
- Lead projects to deliver new products into existing and new product families.
- Provide moulding expertise in highly automated high volume cell design and commission.
- Manage all stakeholder expectations Customer, Production, operations engineering, operations quality and quality systems through the product / process development process.
- Apply structured problem solving, lean principals, and best practice process development to drive product and process improvements.
- Work closely with SME’s in the business to ensure process improvements activities designed to enhance existing manufacturing capability.
- Work closely with Lean and Operations teams to ensure that any new processes developed meet world class manufacturing standards.
- Manage a variable workload and multiple projects to deliver to customer expectations and drive future revenue.
- Design and introduce manufacturing processes for new products to increase capabilities and efficiencies delivering a competitive edge to their customers.
- Ensure that complete and effective validations are carried out on all processes before transferring to manufacture.
- Manage external relationships with Technology providers / Suppliers.
- Work in compliance with company systems and processes.
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean / 6 sigma methodologies.
- Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Engineering degree, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Medical Device or similar quality and manufacturing systems would be very desirable.
- Experience working in high volume moulding environment with automated part load / unload and or process knowledge of over-moulding polymers onto other components is a distinct advantage.
- Working knowledge of process development, six sigma and/or lean engineering principles would be very desirable.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make and Implement decisions.
For further information on this Moulding Process Development Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.