Our client, a medical device company in County Galway is currently looking to recruit a Moulding Technician for their site.
Purpose of the role:
- The role is required to maintain control of injection moulding processes. This includes supporting the execution of production schedules including oversight of machine and mould efficiency, machine uptime and scrap levels. You will be the technical expert on your shift in supporting the manufacturing process.
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- To follow safety rules of the Company and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
- Support process and other activities consistent with departmental expectations and goals.
- Support in the development & implementation SMED, TPM AND 5S +1 activities.
- Initiate machine and process adjustments within the process windows and recommend any changes for improved efficiencies.
- Analyse and resolve any process problems. Contain and resolve any product non-conformity issues that may arise.
- Assist in the set-up and start-up of new and existing tools.
- Conform to the implementation of continuous process improvement in the moulding centre.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Act as backup to the shift team leader and lead the shift where required
Qualification and Other Skills:
- Minimum of a level 6 certificate in polymer or polymer processing. Injection moulding process related work experience combined with current schooling towards certification will be considered.
- 3 Years practical experience in an Injection Moulding production centre.
- The applicant ideally would have experience in a manufacturing environment and have the ability to work in a high pressure and high volume site.
- Scientific moulding experience will be a significant advantage.
For further information on this Moulding Technician role in Galway please contact Edel on 087 4108620 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.