Telephone: 086 8395533
Our client, a medical device company in Clare are currently looking to recruit a Network Engineer for their site.
- This position is responsible for providing advanced engineering and operational support to maintain and enhance local and wide area Data, Voice and Video networks and Electronic Security.
- The position will work as a technical member of the network team to ensure availability and access to critical systems and services. Project management and leadership are required to implement business initiatives, introduce new technology as well as maintaining and continuously improving existing systems.
- Mentorship and technical & process development of peers and less experienced members of the network team are required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and maintenance of Networks (WAN, LAN, WLAN), Firewalls, Proxy’s, IDS/IPS, VoIP, etc.
- Ensure network and electronic security availability.
- Project management and leadership of approved IT related projects.
- Maintain security and assure compliance with SOX and corporate internal controls.
- Evaluation/recommendation and implementation/support of new technologies.
- Work with the Global IT teams to maintain and ensure the integrity of the environment
- Management and performance analysis of the various environments
- Back-up and disaster recovery
- Provide mentorship, advice, technical direction and training to network staff.
- Documentation to ensure change control: IT procedures, network diagrams, etc.
- Prioritize between project work and support tasks
- Build and maintain relationships with peers, users and other experts.
- Keep track using helpdesk tool of issues assigned
- Will share on-call responsibilities
Expected Areas of Competence
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco & Juniper routers and switches.
- Demonstrated project management skills in implementing systems and infrastructure projects (identifying tasks, allocating resources, developing project timelines, managing project budget, communication of project status).
- Experience at maintaining system documentation.
- Experienced in supporting a multi-site environments
- Proactive and results focused; ability to work through obstacles.
- Accepts accountability within area of responsibility
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrate analytical skills in problem solving complex issues.
- Ability to provide advice, technical direction and training to IT support staff.
- Experience developing the technical & process skills of peers and less experienced network engineers
- Technical Bachelor degree in CS, EE, EET, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in network & security support
- 2+ years project management experience
- Technical experience in Cisco & Juniper Data and Voice network management.
- Technical experience in Cisco & Juniper Electronic Security management
- Cisco & Juniper accreditations.
For further information on this Network Engineer role in Clare please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval