New Products and Technology Manager
Job ID: JOB-12168
New Products and Technology Manager
Our client is recruiting for a New Products and Technology Manager who will be responsible for New Product Introduction, Product and Process Development, Automation and Innovation for the company. This will involve leading strategic projects that expand sales, introduce new product offerings, or deliver step-chang in operational performance. This is a key management position and will play an important role in achieving the business plan. The role reports to the Director of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Propose and get approval for new products, new technologies and innovation programs, which need to be delivered to achieve business goals.
- Ensure that new products are delivered into operations effectively and profitably (in accordance with strategy). Ensure effective budgeting, prioritisation, resource management, status/stakeholder management and external communication.
- Ensure that technology and innovation projects, from initial concept through to delivery into operations, are effectively implemented.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered following a “best-in-class” product/process development process.
- Engage with the Business Development group to ensure that projects are selected and executed. Ensure that sufficient and accurate market intelligence is available to support decision-making.
- Provide Technical and Program leadership for the Business Development team at customer interactions and/or trade events.
- Provide technical expertise to the operations team as required. This may involve leading complex process investigations on existing processes.
- Manage the new product introduction, new technology and innovation team. Ensure that the team has the correct skillset and are motivated to achieve business goals.
- Coach and mentor the team. Ensure they are customer-focused with their internal and external contacts. Ensure that our agreed values and behaviours are respected.
- Keep your skills current and be conversant with the latest developments in technologies and materials, which are relevant to the Company’s business.
- To take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time. These ‘other duties’ will be agreed with Management prior to any assignment.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent with 10-15 years’ experience, 5 in a similar role.
- 5 years + experience in the Medical Device industry.
- Proven track record in process development and introduction of new products and technology.
- Strong technical engineering knowledge and proven problem-solving experience using structured methodology.
- Extensive experience in project design, execution and management.
- Ability to lead and direct a diverse team of professionals (Engineers & Scientists) as part of a cross functional collaborative organisation to achieve mutual goals.
- Strong performance management skills.
- Excellent communication, decision making, people influencing and project management skills.
- Proficient in standard MS Office package and also project management packages such as MS Project.
- Working knowledge of relevant Quality Systems in the Industry.
- Results oriented, with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a short period.
For further information on this New Products and Technology Manager role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel. #indeed
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11422 Cost Accountant Our client is recruiting for a permanent contract role in Drogheda. This role…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12208 Senior Training & Development Specialist We are looking to speak with experienced Senior Training &…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12141 HR Business Partner Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values…