NPI Program Manager
NPI Program Manager
Our client a leading MNC is recruiting for an NPI PM role to be based in Galway. This role is commutable from Mayo and Clare. This role of New Product Introduction Program Manager will be within the company’s Infectious Disease Emerging Markets (IDEM). This role will oversee the end-to-end program management of select new product launches, from Ideation through product Launch. The NPI Program Manager will report directly to the Director of the NPI Program Management Office (PMO).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Acts as global leader for cross-functional NPI project teams: Manages all activities from Ideation through product launch execution
- Translates strategies into program/project plans, including timelines, budgets, and resource requirements
- Develops NPI project timeline and holds team accountable to critical milestone dates; highlights opportunities for acceleration; clearly communicates project delays and escalations
- Acts as Project Manager for all assigned NPI project: Identifies and leads the Project Teams, owns the Project Plans (Gantts), leads and coordinates execution of all activities required for launch. Communicates the Project Plans and changes to project stakeholders. Continuously monitors compliance with critical milestones.
- Ensures that the cross-functional members work as a “team” focused on business unit goals identified, and manages program and solution interdependencies
- Manages communications (verbal or written), both internally and externally, for effective project management and coordination for new products
- Leads NPI Phase Gate Reviews: Ensures cross-functional alignment prior to gate exit, prepares materials, and facilitates meetings
- Identifies and escalates project risks and communicate status to internal and external stakeholders
- Prioritizes work and resources to best meet IDEM priorities and financial targets
- Develops the strategy and vision of the NPI PMO and evolution over the next 5 years, in collaboration with the broader NPI PMO organization
- Responsible for generating formal training materials and leading education sessions for all functional areas and regions
- Establishes and leads proactive, transparent, and effective communications cadence to ensure timely dissemination of information with the senior leadership team, program/project teams, and matrix stakeholders
- Measures and reports on time execution of launch activities. Identifies performance gaps, KPIs and ensures improvement actions are taken to minimize impact on business performance.
- Develops cross-functional tools and templates to support key deliverables in all six NPI phases
- Drives continuous improvement into NPI launch execution and seeks regular feedback from leadership and stakeholders
- A Bachelor’s Degree which could include supply chain, engineering, science, IT or business disciplines
- 5 or more years of experience in Project Management, Research & Development, Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain or related function, preferably in diagnostics, medical devices, or pharmaceutical products
- One or more professional certifications or equivalent experience (e.g. PMP)
- Experience in program management of new product through the development and product life-cycle processes
- Experience in infectious disease diagnostic testing
- Strong communication skills – in English in written and verbal; briefing, presentation, education/training skills
- Ability to successfully manage projects across various functions / businesses
- Able to influence without authority
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
- Ability to create & manage a vision, think strategically, plan and organize, innovate, analyze complex data and situations, and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively, motivate, lead, coach, and develop employees, and collaborate with functional leaders and teams
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
For further information on this NPI Project Manager role in Galway, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
NPI Program Manager Our client a leading MNC is recruiting for an NPI PM role to be based in Galway….
Global Design Assurance Manager Our client, a medical company is recruiting for a Global Design Assurance Manager for their Galway…
Operations Manager Our client a medical device company located in Galway is recruiting for an Operations Manager. This role will…