NPI Project Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a NPI Project Manager for their site.
- The NPI Project Manager (PM) will report into the NPE group. The PM is responsible for management and completion of a new product line for the company.
- The PM will be responsible for keeping all internal and external stakeholders informed on project status.
- The PM will be responsible for coordination and leadership of multi-functional team.
- The PM will also be required to manage, coach, mentor and develop personnel on team.
- The PM will manage the introduction of the new product line from process development, line scale up, process validation, production ramp and hand off the new product line to the operations team in line with agreed performance targets.
- The PM will lead project team to deliver project against agreed milestones with customer.
- The PM will manage project scope (Schedule, cost, quality), change and technical management of project project.
- The PM will communicate project status, performance and risks to the management team.
- The PM will be required to lead a core team of technical resources; this includes coaching and coordinating the project team in pursuit of project objectives, including time management, resource management, design technical solutions, and project risk management.
- Customer management: The PM will have the responsibility for customer interaction specific to the project.
- The PM ensures through clear communication with the customer, that both explicit and implicit customer requirements are well understood and taken into account.
- Drive project improvement activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tools, Six Sigma, design experimentation for process and equipment, to achieve targets and manufacturing costs.
- Partner with customers, suppliers, vendors and internal cross-functional teams to deliver project goals. Build and maintain a network of relationships in all Functions (R&D, Sales, Finance, Purchasing, Quality and manufacturing).
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering/Science or similar technical field from an accredited college or university.
- 10 years' experience in manufacturing industry with exposure to medical devices & catheter technology a distinct advantage.
- 5+ years in project management/leadership capacity with responsibility for coordination of resources and facilities for projects.
- Proven examples of leading projects with customer involvement, proven examples of managing/leading production ramp /scale up projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular focusing on working with customers and the leadership of teams. The person will have previous exposure to working with and meeting customer expectations.
- Experience of validation (product and/or process) and new product to production transfers an advantage.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval