Who are the client?
A leading blue-chip multinational in Cork are currently undergoing expansion and have a number of opportunities for ambitious, motivated team players. Large on-site canteen with a very active sports and social committee - new employees are made to feel extremely welcome. Multiple language speakers from all over Europe add to the local culture of the site.
Why this role?
The client provides excellent training programmes and with very strong career progression opportunities. Many internal employees frequently move to new opportunities. It truly is an organisation where you have control over your career.
Excellent pension, healthcare and salary package
What will I be doing?
- Ensure all operational controls are completed to level required and within agreed timeframe.
- Integrate compliance into daily activities and comply with any corrective actions.
- Cooperate with investigations, monitoring and audits
- Place orders timely and accurately. Follow through until fulfilment.
- Know the SAP transactions to perform the daily operations.
- Understand the financial processes month-end closing, accruals and understanding the basics of accruals.
- Be able to manage straightforward documentary credits.
- Understand and follow all the procedures applicable to one's area.
- Comply with established GMP/financial policies and SOPs and ensure that the working procedures are in place and up-to-date.
- Communicate and enforce internal policies and procedures with the suppliers.
- Understand and apply the basics of export business.
- Identify the drivers behind credit blocks and take the appropriate actions.
- Own the customer account reconciliations and be accountable for timely collection.
- Maintain appropriate levels of consignment stocks, supported by forecasts and monitor them regularly and escalate abnormal situations.
- Identify customer requirements & new opportunities.
- Respond to internal/external customer feedbacks and improvement opportunities.
- Understand market trends/challenges and customer position in the market.
- Understand customer and market specifics, assist on standard business issues.
- Lead small-scale projects based on set objectives and identify required resources and be able to justify the needs.
- Set project plan/objectives and work with supervisor on setting an action plan to achieve the objectives.
- Provide input and recommendations into current process and ways in which it can be improved in terms of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Continuously looks for ways to improve service levels for our customers /stakeholders
- Supports organisational changes.
- Providing training to the business areas that support the processes and participate in internal and external educational opportunities relevant to the Information or customer service environment.
What do I need?
- Degree/Diploma qualifications in business discipline essential
- Min 2 years of Supply chain /Customer service
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in a multinational shared service environment is preferable
- Ability to develop good relationships with various levels of personnel throughout the organisation
- Ability to respond flexibly and empathetically to customer needs, managing their expectations effectively.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with excellent time management skills.
- Proactive, analytical and pragmatic approach to problem solving with ability to learn quickly.
- Able to work under pressure, meet short deadlines, multiple priorities and concern for maintaining standards.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- SCM functionality is highly preferable
- Compliance and controls particularly SOX experience a distinct advantage
- Any European Language desirable.
For further information on this role in Cork please contact Jenny on 021 2066287 / 0860449371 firstname.lastname@example.org