Occupational Health Nurse
Job ID: JOB-11552
Occupational Health Nurse My client a leading medical device company is looking to hire an Occupational Health Nurse to join their Occupational Health team. This is a permanent role where you can be out of their site in Dublin. POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the EHS Associate Director the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Occupational Health Service at the site and ensuring an efficient confidential service to employees. The Occupational Health Nurse will partner with an external Occupational Health Service to provide a site based Nurse led Programme along with offsite Occupational Health Physician support. The role involves applying skills and knowledge to recognise work related occupational health issues. The role also requires the ability to liaise with employees on non-work-related issues that may impact an employee’s ability to complete their work. The role is responsible for the safe, compliant, and efficient execution of job duties in a team environment. PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the programs and procedures are in place to ensure that occupational health services are delivered to employees at the facility in such a fashion as to assess, maintain and promote the health and wellbeing of employees at the facility
- Collaborate with EHS in the identification of employees to participate in medical surveillances.
- Ensure employee medical surveillances are completed as per the requirements of corporate Occupational Health medical surveillance procedures and Irish legislation.
- Assess the results of the medical evaluations based on sound medical practice and an understanding of the work the employee performs.
- Liaise with the Occupational Physician and external GP/ Occupational health clinics in the completion of pre-employment medicals.
- Provide assessment and treatment of any workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Monitor employee absenteeism and complete absence reviews as required.
- Coordinate return to work and rehabilitation of absent employees.
- Develop calendar of employee wellbeing initiatives which reflect the site demographics and employee health risk factors.
- Routine administration of the occupational health department.
- Liaise with EHS to ensure there are adequate levels of First Aiders trained to cover all work shifts.
- Ensure employee medical records are maintained confidentially and stored in accordance with the requirements of the corporate records retention schedule.
- Be a qualified Occupational Health Nurse with minimum 1 years’ experience
- Higher Diploma or Masters qualification in Occupational Health; or at least 30 hours of continuing education in occupational health during the past two years; or two years of experience in an occupational health setting
- Registered with An Bord Altranais
- Be competent in spirometry, vision screening and audiometry.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining relationships with employees.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Interpersonal and professional skills. Effective in interacting with all levels of the organisation
Job ID: JOB-11624 Senior Network Operations Engineer Our client, a telecoms company is currently looking to recruit a Senior Network…
Job ID: JOB-11632 Automation & Controls Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company located in Ballina are looking to…
Job ID: JOB-11631 Senior Financial Accountant Our client a large pharmaceutical company is recruiting for a Senior Financial Accountant to…