OEM Projects Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an OEM Projects Engineer for their site.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record in managing and delivering complex projects.
- Overall responsibility for providing detailed and complex technical product support and various projects, including gathering / identifying new and standard OEM product ideas; evaluating their potential and practicality with development of auditable documentation packages relating to these existing or new product concepts. The candidate will be capable of working on their own initiative, scoping and investigating complex documentation challenges, development of project plans, budgets, timelines, while liaising with customers providing cost models and updates on project delivery.
- The candidate will be capable of leading cross functional project teams and liaising with senior management to ensure the successful completion of improvement and new product projects.
- Performing detailed and complex technical OEM engineering product support and project management, aligned to PM BOK standards.
- Independently evaluating, selecting and applying standard technical techniques, procedures and criteria, while using judgement in making adaptations and modifications.
- Working with OEM Customers and Sales, increasing the ability of the company to understand and meet specific needs by:
- Identifying problems not met by existing products
- Discussing and developing possible changes in Product Specifications based on the unique needs to the customer
- Coordinating with OEM and Senior Management to identify customers with possible customised needs.
- Working with the relevant Business Units to confirm capability and pricing parameters for products.
- Evaluating New Product Potential by:
- Researching and analysing the existing Market and products manufacturing by alternative companies.
- Forecasting sales of products within existing and potential markets
- Assessing the ability of products to meet current and potential needs.
- Planning, budgeting and leading of OEM new product/process based projects.
- Travelling to meet customers, working with the wider OEM team and prospecting new business.
- Working independently and leading project teams or working as part of an overall project team on specific assignment objectives, complex features and possible solutions.
- Provide input and direction to management on various technical issues.
- Generates ECN (Engineering Change Notices), Protocols and prototypes under broad direction.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Biomedical or Masters in a related discipline with at least 5 years previous related experience.
- Project Management and People Management experience is desirable.
- Good working knowledge of medical device materials and processes.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Experience dealing with Marketing, Clinical and Regulatory personnel and enhancing feedback to device concepts.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving abilities.
- Ability to manage cross functional teams.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval