Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Operations Supervisor for their site.
Reporting to: Operations – Value Stream Manager.
The Operations Supervisor provides front line leadership and Continuous Improvement ownership to assigned production areas of the facility. In addition, the supervisor mentors and supports Team Leaders, Line Technicians and Operators in all aspects of operations including Quality, Cost, Delivery and Safety while owning the bottom line results.
- Act as the business owner and manager for each assigned area and shift/s.
- Ensures each team member understands and meets facility related goals for Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals and their own team objectives.
- Leads and/or participates in Continuous Improvement Initiatives such as A3 projects and 6’s Rollouts.
- Foster Employee Engagement by establishing effective communication which includes but is not limited to team Huddles and one-to-one meetings with direct reports.
- Follow the Leadership Standard Work for Supervisor, meeting Daily with Production Teams, Team Leads, relevant cross functional Support Teams and Operations Manager and be an active team member.
- Demonstrate accountability, reviewing, managing and communicating line performance daily during Team meetings, Gemba Walk meetings and Continuous Improvement Kaizens
- Be a role model by promoting team work, communicating effectively and treating all associates with respect.
- In cooperation with Human Resources representatives, oversee all personnel actions – hiring, disciplinary measures, grievances, promotions, developmental opportunities, wage increases, transfers and timely performance appraisals/objective setting.
- Complete all required transactions in the HRIS system: Workday.
- Manage all time off requests for assigned lines; assure production needs are met while honouring approved time off requests.
- Manage time and attendance system for direct reports ensuring all labour is accurately recorded and reported and complete all T&A corrections required by payroll in a timely fashion.
- Impart ownership and oversee that team leaders and respective teams see that quality requirements are being followed including procedural compliance and defect reporting.
- Help the Team Leaders develop and put in place a plan to achieve an effective cross trained team.
- Own or participate in the effective disposition of Customer Complaints, CAPA’S, MRR’s and real time Troubleshooting.
- Displays integrity in what they say and do by putting patient safety and product quality first.
- Use Lean Business Management Tools to measure, understand, and improve manufacturing performance.
- Champion the repeated use of Lean Tools and Six Sigma tools and structured routines (DMAIC / PDCA) for Continuous Improvement and drive the team leaders and their teams to take ownership of and be responsible for Continuous Improvement in their areas.
- Drive process improvements to attain annual improvement goals set forth for each supervisor using all applicable improvement tools and methodologies.
- Create better solutions through Innovation, be open to new ideas and regularly challenge the status quo.
- Work with Planning and Supply Chain Teams to understand Customer Demand/Production Line Takt.
- Plan resources to meet customer demand, reviewing daily/weekly and work with Team leaders to manage and establish staffing models and resource production and Kanban inventory levels in line with customer requirements.
- Management of the supply chain from raw material to finished products.
- Working with end customers in setting up Kanban and consignment contracts and in turn channelling this back through the supply chain in setting up Kanban/consignment contacts with raw material suppliers.
- Ensure Line Metrics are posted and updated Daily at Production Cell/ Production Lines.
- Possess Customer Focus by honouring and fulfilling the company’s commitments to its customers.
- Encouraging employees to report health and safety issues and suggest improvements.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is a fundamental consideration in the design and operation of work.
- Promote and enforce strict adherence to and implementation of company safety and work rules.
- Oversee general Housekeeping including the processes for the introduction and disposal of Chemicals.
Environmental Working Conditions
- Normally works in an office environment although expected to be in the machine shop or the assembly area regularly and frequently.
- Incumbent will be subject to environmental conditions existing in all these areas.
Health & Safety Requirements
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for but not limited to:
- Providing a suitable level of supervision.
- Understanding the company policy and procedures.
- Allocating work in accordance with the employee’s level of training.
- Informing employees of their responsibilities.
- Ensuring the correct work procedures are adhered to.
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Leaving Certificate required. A Third Level Qualification such as Bachelor degree in Production Engineering / Operations Management, Lean Manufacturing or Business is preferred.
- Demonstrate product and assembly experience and knowledge in a quality regulated manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory or people management capacity
- Six Sigma qualification desired or relevant experience in a manufacturing environment utilizing lean, six sigma, Process Excellence tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills associated with Lean or Six Sigma training and ability to train others.
- Demonstrate effective communication and leadership skills; strong ability to work cooperatively with others in a team-based environment and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to deliver required business results.
- Demonstrated computer skills in working with an ERP system (Oracle is advantageous) and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel and Word).
For further information on this Operations Supervisor role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.