Our client, a medical device company in Westmeath are currently looking to recruit an Operational Excellence Leader for their site.
Summary of Position
As a core member of the Operational Excellence team, this person has responsibility for meeting all elements of the OpEx plan for the regional manufacturing sites. This plan includes the deployment of the Cell Operating system and improving plant performance and managing Lean Sigma Green belt & Black belt trainings & Certifications.
- Supports the plants to develop, coordinates and drives the Operational Excellence deployment plan for each plant.
- Assists senior leaders and champions in selecting and prioritizing projects that align with plant goals and strategies.
- Responsible for coaching the plants to implement the Operating System including all supporting systems & tools include Cell Operating System, Workflow Maturity assessments, MOS assessments, First Time Quality, Lean deployment, Six Sigma deployment, SPC deployment, etc.
- Work with plant leadership to establish organizational support systems for the Cell Operating System and components (reviews, communications, metrics etc.)
- Coaches and participate in Workflow Maturity Assessment rollout, baseline and ongoing evaluations for the European sites.
- Coaches and mentors plant OpEx Leaders and Associate OpEx Leaders to ensure their continued development in Six Sigma and Lean.
- Coach and mentor plant staff to ensure their continued development and support of the Cell Operating System.
- Supports the delivery of the organization?s OpEx training and for the timely completion of certifications. Conducts COS training as required.
- Coordinate & participate in MOS management system assessments as needed.
- Ensures project tracking system and business results are maintained, and results are communicated/summarized monthly.
- Supports mechanisms for knowledge sharing and best-practice knowledge transfer among Operational Excellence practitioners
- Department-specific functions
- BS/BA degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study. MBA, MS or other technical graduate degree preferred.
- Certified at the Black Belt or equivalent level in both Six Sigma and Lean
- A minimum of 5 years of business operations and/or plant manufacturing or engineering experience, which includes a minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated process improvement program success and 2+ years of managerial experience.
- Solid past performance as a project manager.
- Strong analytical/statistical problem solving tools.
- Ability to support multiple projects and balance priorities.
- Broad business knowledge and ability to link customer needs with business processes.
- Strong coaching, facilitation and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication and platform skills.
- An understanding of and proficiency in Change Management.
- Advanced skills in MS Office and statistical software packages (Minitab etc.).
- Initiates & Leads Change ? Architects & Drives change
- Drives Accountability ? delivers results
- Instills Operational Excellence ? Drives efficiency and simplification
- Sets High Standards ? Raises the bar on performance
- Reports to the Operational Excellence Director
- Working Conditions
- Travel varies based on initiatives ongoing and support required by the European sites.
For further information on this Production Supervisor role in Athlone please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022/0864667369 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval