Operational Excellence Manager
Job ID: JOB-12527
Operational Excellence Manager
There has never been a better time to join this leading edge medical device company with a base in Galway to take the lead on Operational Excellence for the site. The purpose of the role is to embed a culture of continuous improvement into the Galway organisation through a focus on Production Unit Excellence, Business Service Excellence, Continuous Improvement Reviews, Strategic Thinking and a mindset that there are always opportunities to improve Culture. .Responsibilities
- Culture: Responsible for managing the annual culture survey and associated focus groups and incorporating key findings into the Site SQP process as well Production Unit strategies and strategies of each the Business Service areas. Also responsible for embedding our behavioural standards into the Galway organisation and assisting with the High-Performance Leader training.
- Site Strategy: Manage the site strategy process ensuring inputs are encouraged from all areas, a prioritisation process is in place to select most impactful projects and that a quarterly process is in place to communicate progress to all stakeholders.
- Key Systems: The Operational Excellence Manager should own and improve the process by which each business support area improves its key systems including Value Stream Mapping and associated tools. Systems owned by the Operational Excellence Manager such as Galway’s Line Performance System (LPS) should be benchmark examples of how a great system should operate.
- Production Unit Excellence: The Operational Excellence Manager working in partnership with the Production Unit Managers should ensure that a culture of Continuous Improvement is embedded in the Production units. This should manifest itself in increasing the Lean / Operational Excellence competence of all staff but especially the supervisors and product builders along with demonstrated examples of improvements in all aspects of the running of the Production Unit. The Operational Excellence Manager should put in place a system to ensure that each Production Unit has a roadmap showing their Lean / Operational Excellence improvement strategy with milestones.
- Continuous Improvement (CI) Reviews: Manage the process for timely CI reviews in both Production and Business Support areas that take a balanced view with clear focus on “Go See” and connecting with people who do the work on a daily basis.
- Benchmarking & Assessments: Manage and coordinate benchmarking visits to other sites ensuring that these are focussed and the knowledge acquired is documented and appropriately shared in the Galway site. Manage visits to the Galway site by Suppliers and other organisations looking to learn from us and ensure that the feedback from visitors is documented and assessed for key themes. Organise for external Operational Excellence Assessors to assess our culture and key systems every two to three years to give us feedback on our Operational Excellence journey. Skills
- Leadership skills. Communication, Relationship building, coaching and developing people.
- Operational excellence and lean thinking.
- Change management especially in area of culture.
- Organisational awareness and business acumen.
- Excellent Systems thinking and Value Stream Mapping.
- Strong manufacturing line layout and flow competencies.
- Project management skills.
- Strategic and Critical Thinker.
- Supply chain and Capacity Planning competencies.
- Financial Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing/Engineering field. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum Experience: 8/10+ years’ in an operations environment.
- 5 years + in leadership capacity.
For further information on this Senior Operational Excellence Manager role in Galway, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/ Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12597 Accounts Assistant Our client, a leading manufacturing company in Galway City, is …
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12596 Product Design Engineer Job Summary Reporting to the engineering manager, the project design engineer- MIS will support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12037 Quality Systems Engineer Our Client, a global leader in medical device manufacturing…