Senior Operations Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Operations & Manufacturing Engineering Manager for their site.
The primary purpose of this job is to have accountability for operational performance in Value Stream, Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance & Facilities for the Galway site. The role monitors and reviews all performance metrics, which include but not limited to, production efficiencies, quality metrics, delivery metrics, revenue, safety and environmental, business continuity plans and others. Role is accountable for the ongoing development of high performing associates and teams. Also responsible for identifying and implementing cost reduction initiatives within the various value streams.
- Adheres to company Values and all safety and quality requirements (Innovation, Teamwork, Respect, Customer Focus, Communication, Integrity)
- Establishes clear accountabilities for their direct reports and staffs to motivate and develop through understanding and lifelong learning.
- Management of Manufacturing Engineering Lead, Maintenance and Facilities Lead and full responsibility for Value Stream/ Components and sub assembly manufacturing.
- Provides leadership for the Value Stream which includes operations leaders, supervisors as well as manufacturing engineers, site facilities and maintenance organisation.
- Oversees and participates in the daily production operations through personal interaction with the production staff.
- Oversees ECO process and preventative maintenance programs.
- Leverages Lean initiatives as programs and procedures are implemented within the Operational areas / Value Stream to improve safety, quality and customer indicators, reduce waste, improve processes and labour efficiencies, and reduce direct operating expenses.
- Provides direction and leadership in the resolution of technical and production-related problems to assure completion including customer issues.
- Participates in the development of production plans with representatives from other departments, such as Production, Planning, Continuous Improvement, Customer Service and Materials to ensure that production performance standards meet customer requirements. Aligns with Product Development Engineering and NPI Engineering.
- Establishes effective staffing strategies to meet performance requirements.
- Provides leadership and coaching to ensure continuance of positive employee relations in their organisations.
- Develops and monitors budgetary guidelines and spending levels to ensure cost-effective operation within the Engineering and Value Stream area. Prepares and manages departmental and capital expenditure budgets.
- Implementation, installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Development and implementation of new Engineering concepts.
- The improvement of productivity through local initiatives involving the modification of methods, layouts and equipment
- Overall control and application of Engineering and process methods leading to World Class Manufacturing philosophies and preparation and implementation of standard line times.
- Lead the introduction of new technologies and new products from customers and other manufacturing sites. This will include taking products from R&D and developing efficient manufacturing process, which delivers product that conforms to the company’s rigorous quality standards.
- Responsibility for the Production System. Establish and maintain a process of continuous improvement that is focused on the quality of the products and process within the business.
- Ensure open communication and co-operation with Manufacturing and Quality for the rapid recommendation and implementation of design changes necessary to correct problems or improve the products and processes.
- Performs other functions as required
- Strong operational excellence skills.
- Strong organisational awareness and business acumen.
- Strong manufacturing, supply chain, engineering and lean management skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Displays competence in the Leadership Competencies: Build Team Capability, Drive for Excellence, Shape the future.
- Strong organisational Leadership skills, high performing team development and dynamic team coaching skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong collaboration skills & problem solving skills.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing/Engineering field. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum Experience: 8/10+ years’ in an operations environment.
- 5 years + in leadership capacity.
For further information on this Operations & Manufacturing Engineering Manager role in Galway please contact Deirdre on 086 3073779 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval