Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Operations Manager for their site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the Engineering and Technical staff of the Industrial Engineering group.
- Implement the specifics of the manufacturing strategic plan in the above areas. Responsible for managing the Industrial Engineering Staff to support the focused factory system. Improve process engineering fundamentals focused on process capability, scrap reduction and process control (replace 'art' with 'science'). Responsible for the Implementation of DFT/LEAN in all manufacturing areas. Responsible for maintaining and improving the Value Stream policies, tools and practices.
- Driving a staff that is seen as the keepers and providers of the methods and tools for manufacturing excellence. Support of the CI program, visual metrics, DFT calculations of staffing, time standards, facility modifications are all part of the responsibility. Develop a core group of internal experts in the focused factory principles. A key responsibility will be supporting the development of an operational excellence policy and to develop a training system to ensure that focused factory is embedded into the culture.
- Engineering Standards: Establishment of standard times through work measurement. Preparation and presentation of Engineering Standard data in line with corporate guidelines.
- Factory Layouts: Preparation of floor layouts for manufacturing processes and support areas. All layouts to be designed in consultation with the relevant stakeholders i.e. Production, Engineering, Quality, Facilities, etc. with emphasis on optimal utilisation of floor space and a site wide consistent approach toward the introduction of manufacturing cells and continuous flow production in a Lean Manufacturing environment. Participate in Product Transfer project teams planning and working to agreed goals and deadlines.
- Productivity Improvement: Identification and elimination of production related bottlenecks. Design and implementation of new and improved material handling.
- Transportation methods. Production methods analysis and improvement. Production capacity analysis, Line Balancing. Provision of support to manufacturing as required to meet the business targets and objectives. Support the Lean Manufacturing initiative.
- Be a proficient communicator, orally, written and active listener. A knowledge of PDP, SPC, DOE, Statistics. Process Capability, and FDA/QSR/ISO. Experience with DFT/JIT/LEAN is essential. A working knowledge of validations, and Quality Systems. Proven project management skills are essential.
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
Accomplishes results through professional specialist employees or subordinate managers and supervisors who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments. Provides direction and monitors progress toward departmental goals; monitors costs of projects and of human and material resources within a department or unit; monitors company-wide indicators such as market share and profitability; monitors external environment in area of technical or professional responsibility. Subject to approval, modifies the organizational structure of centralized functions and units. Often responsible for managing a staff function of the company.
Provides direction and guidance to professional specialist employees or subordinate managers and supervisors. Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing. Evaluates performance of and assists in career development planning for subordinates.
Works on issues of large and diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires expert knowledge of area of expertise and in-depth understanding of organizational objectives. Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements. In some instances, this manager may be responsible for managing a staff function and may not have subordinate managers.
Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect immediate subordinate organizational units and may have company-wide effect. Interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to organizational policies. Develops and/or identifies new work processes and the improved utilization of human and material resources within the assigned or related functions or groups.
Operations Involvement/Direct Work Involvement
Functions as an advisor to subordinates supervisors or staff members to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational problems. Develops and administers budgets, schedules, and performance standards. Investigates and solves problems that impact work processes and personnel within or across units or departments.
Responsible for all projects assigned to the organizational unit. Defines projects based on identified strategies and goals. Manages projects of moderate to large scope including schedules, costs and resources. May lead or participate in cross-functional teams.
Planning and Organization
Creates mid- to long-range plans to carry out objectives established by top management. Develops and calculates a budget for a department or group to meet organizational goals; forecasts future departmental needs including human and material resources and capital expenditures; recommends or modifies the structure of organizational units or a centralized functional activity subject to senior management approval.
Assignments are expressed in the form of objectives; makes decisions regarding work processes or operational plans and schedules in order to achieve the program objectives established by senior management. Exerts influence in the development of overall strategy, objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in critical delays and modifications to projects or operations; cause substantial expenditure of additional time, human resources, and funds; and may jeopardize future business activity.
Influence and Leadership
Develops and communicates a vision for the organizational unit assigned. Builds consensus for operating goals that are in alignment with the division. Provides leadership to assigned staff and supervisors by communicating and providing guidance towards achieving department objectives.
Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, equivalent level managers, and/or customers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units or customers and the company. Conducts briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning operational decisions, scheduling requirements, or contractual clarifications
For further information on this Operations Manager role in Galway please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval