My client in Galway is seeking an Operations Manager for their Site.
Responsible for day-to-day management of a manufacturing unit, organised around a specific process or product family, key activities include:
- To provide a reliable production plan to factory personnel within the agreed timescales.
- Day-to-day effective management of production, ensuring products are produced in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Sequencing manufacturing cells to maximize efficiency.
- Monitor storage usage/future requirements in the warehouse to stay within the required parameters whilst ensuring service levels are maintained.
- Proactively resolve issues with internal decision makers.
- Provide leadership direction to team on problem solving and process improvements, address obstacles, provide resources and interact with other areas of the company to assist team in overcoming problems and streamlining the work process.
- Work with the Factory Manager to balance demand and production needs, and with supply chain planners to identify demand changes.
- To identify areas for change or could be improved.
- To respond to urgent challenges due to issues within the factory, warehouse or logistics areas.
- Escalate problem stock issues to the appropriate account managers in a timely manner.
Experience, Skill?s and Qualifications Required
- Experience of Factory Production Management in a Manufacturing is essential ? at least 3-4 years required in a similar role
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, with demonstrable skills including forecasting and demand planning.
- Expert use of spreadsheets and planning software is essential
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills, process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, aggressively results-oriented environment.
- Collaboration and Negotiation Skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
For further information on this Operations Manager role in Galway please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval