Telephone: 021 2066287
Our client, one of the world's leading medical technology companies are recruiting an Operations Manager for their site in Limerick
What will I be doing
Responsible for day-to-day management of a manufacturing unit, organised around a specific process or product family, key activities include:
- Achieving output, quality and service targets within agreed cost parameters;
- Maintaining positive employee relations climate;
- Identifying and introducing new technologies and process improvements.
- Manufacturing Engineering, Planning and People Management functions.
- Day-to-day effective management of production, ensuring products are produced in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Establish performance targets for the Business Unit, and monitor actual Business Unit performance against targets, taking appropriate and timely corrective action where negative trends begin to emerge.
- Promote & Engage lean manufacture & Visual Management concepts within the business and continuously improve the performance of the business unit.
- Ensure awareness and achievement of all regulatory and compliance requirements
- Provide leadership direction to team on problem solving and process improvements, address obstacles, provide resources and interact with other areas of the company to assist team in overcoming problems and streamlining the work process.
- Employee selection, training & development, performance appraisals and any disciplinary actions for the Business Unit.
- Prepare and deliver annual budgets
- Maximise employee engagement while maintaining a strong focus on individual and team performance
- Maintain & improve health & safety systems and promote EHS compliant culture
- Maintain and improve GMP standards and promote quality compliant culture.
- Hold scheduled meetings with employees to review Business Unit Performance and identify operational issues, corrective actions and responsibilities.
- Report on Business Unit Performance at Monthly Business Review, covering all aspects of the Business Unit Performance
- Ensure adequate skill mix within Business Unit, providing training and coaching for team members t
What do I need
- 5 years + manufacturing experience, preferably at production management level
- Degree in Mechanical/Production Engineering or similar
- PC literate and strong knowledge of inventory systems, MRP and measurement tools
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- High degree of emphasis on accountability for service levels, inventory management, standard cost and expense control and quality/GMP compliance.
- Demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills, process improvement orientation
- Strong leadership skills, persuasive but firm and decisive
- Demonstrate success in managing change, developing the team, and confronting performance issues
- Competent in preparing business strategies and implementing action plans
For further information on this Operations Manager role in Limerick please contact Anne on 021 2066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval