Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Operations Manager for their site.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manages all manufacturing resources and operations within a regulated Value Stream and is accountable for its P&L performance. Partners very closely with all functions to ensure optimisation in compliance, customer service, capacity planning, talent development/engagement, financial performance, new product introductions and process improvements. Responsible for directing and co-ordinating all the manufacturing operations for the area of responsibility.
- Promote Quality and Customer Satisfaction as a way of life in all department activities
- Ensure awareness and achievement of all regulatory and compliance requirements (FDA, ISO, EH&S, etc.). Maintain and improve GMP standards and promote a quality compliant culture and adherence to company Quality Management System at all times.
- Champion effective employee relations and communication within the department, while demonstrating a flexible management style, utilizing the appropriate style for the given situation.
- Create a highly talented Value Stream team and champion a positive employee environment by promoting open communication, engagement and development of team members. Promote a culture of inclusiveness, trust, cooperation and a commitment to teamwork.
- Manage all manufacturing resources and operations within a regulated Value Stream.
- Agree and drive operational excellence by setting clear direction and expectations for performance. Establish performance targets for the Value Stream, and measure actual performance with respect to Product Quality, Customer Service, department spending, labour efficiency and yield against targets. Take appropriate and timely corrective action if negative trends begin to emerge.
- Provide leadership direction to team on process improvements, address obstacles, provide resources and interact with other areas of the company to assist team in overcoming problems and streamlining the work process as part of a structured continuous improvement program.
- Prepare and deliver annual budgets (headcount, expense and capital), manage cost and ensure P&L performance is optimised.
- Collaborate with the Process Development Department to ensure that all new products and processes are introduced into production in compliance, on time, within budget and are operationally successful.
- Maintain & improve health & safety systems and promote EH&S compliant culture.
- Partner with Training Team to ensure all resources are competent to perform the duties assigned to them in compliance with the QMS (Quality Management System) training requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Mechanical/Production Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years manufacturing experience, preferably at production management level, within a team-based manufacturing environment
- Proven track record and genuine interest in successfully creating and managing a highly talented, engaged and performing team
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements, housekeeping, health and safety.
- Demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills, process improvement orientation and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated flexible management style, utilizing the appropriate style for the given situation
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent decision maker and ability to influence.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval