Telephone: 087 2197421
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Operations Manager for their site.
- Management responsibility for all procurement, product assembly, configuration, packing and worldwide shipping of a broad variety Class II product mix in a high growth award-winning electro-mechanical Medical Device’s company.
- A key member of the Management team with strategic responsibility for the future direction and capacity of the Operations function in a fast passed results-oriented Company
Duties / Responsibilities
- Daily effective management of production ensuring that output, service and quality targets are met within compliant & budgeted cost parameters.
- Establishment and monitoring of various business unit metrics, and taking appropriate & timely corrective actions to maintain metrics
- Management of all suppliers to ensure that purchased components and sub-assemblies are received at the required, service, cost and quality levels
- Ensuring with key stakeholders that sufficient capacity is available and validated to meet growing customer volumes
- Overall management of all freight (both inbound/outbound)
- Management of all inventory with timely and accurate reporting
- Liaising with commercial to agree current and future volume needs inclusive of establishing forecast and accuracy requirements
- Promotion & application of lean business processes and systems to assure efficiency from customer order to product delivery, inclusive the use of visual management boards
- Management of component supply with due regard to end of life and qualification of alternatives
- Implementing and managing appropriate measures & strategies for supply chain risk minimization, enterprise risk management and disaster recovery
- Maintaining compliance with import/customs duties, and regulatory declarations
- Ensuring awareness and compliance with ISO, FDA and E H&S requirements
- Promotion of quality compliant culture
- Coordination of the phasing in and out of products and processes
- Identifying and introducing new technologies, processes and systems
- Provision of leadership and direction to teams on problem-solving, improvement projects, and facilitating interaction and support from other company departments to achieve desired goals
- Driving and delivering on set KPI targets with key focus on continuous improvement to help streamline processes
- Strategic planner to ensure that future capacity and delivery requirements can be met
- Promotion of positive employee team-based culture
- Assurance of correct balance of skills in the team based culture and providing training & mentoring inclusive of performance appraisal and follow up actions
- Holding of regular scheduled meetings with teams to review business unit performances and identifying areas of improvements or issues to be resolved with corrective actions and responsibilities
- Reporting on Business Unit performance to management on a minimum of a monthly basis on the key areas of responsibility
- Being prepared to present and represent documentation in compliance audits
- Contribute cross functionally and strategically as a key member of the Management team
- Performing other tasks as required by Head of Function
- Outstanding people management and interpersonal skills who can leverage abilities of all subordinates and colleagues with persuasive and firmness when required
- Ability to manage, motivate and organize a multidisciplinary group of individuals to consistently meet the agreed targets
- Active promotion of positive company culture and values
- Strong purchasing & negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Thrives in a team based environment who places a high degree of focus on accountability for Safety, Quality/GMP, Customer service, inventory levels/accuracy, cost and efficiency
- PC literate with outstanding knowledge of implementation and maintenance of ERP systems
- Data analysis and numeric skills with the ability to evaluate, analyse and present data.
- Energetic self-starter with positive ‘can do attitude’ with an ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities in an assertive fast passed environment.
- Excellent concise communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Competent in devising & presenting operational and strategic business plans with follow-on timely implementation
- Strong strategic leadership skills that can add value to the wider management team.
- Must be an agent for change, – developing an inclusive team-based environment and being able to calmly and respectfully confront issues when they arise.
- Proficiency in M/s office key packages
Education / Experience
- Minimum of a Primary degree in a relevant Engineering/Technological discipline and ideally a postgraduate qualification in a complementary area
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Managing such a role, with ideally 5 years in a Medical Devices function
For further information on this Operations Manager role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.