Job ID: JOB-12230
Operations Manager My client is a multinational operation with sites across Ireland and the United States. I have a great opportunity to take on the role of Operations Manager for their Drogheda site. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be expected to deliver optimum site service to the business and be a key stakeholder in delivering value. As the Operations leader of the Senior Management team, you will be required to drive planned and structured change to the site systems whilst aligning and supporting wider Group initiatives. Key Responsibilities:
- Safety: Instil a sense of self-responsibility for safety among associates. Ensure the safety of the associates and safe use of the equipment. Support the safety processes and programs of the Plant. Member of Central Safety and Health Committee for the plant.
- Metrics: Monitor Plant operating metrics. When applicable create actions to accomplish the Plant’s goals and objectives.
- Financial: Assist with the development of the Plant’s financial and capital budgets. Monitor performance results against budget and when necessary take the appropriate action.
- Operations: Support the growth of the Plant by developing operational capability and capacity through leveraging technologies and people, including communicating the operations vision.
- Culture: Create a customer-centred culture for the Plant.
- Customer Relationships: Build strong customer relationships through managing service to the customer and supporting sales efforts.
- Capacity: Create, establish and manage the capacity of the operation to meet fluctuating customer demands and for growth of the Plant, optimising profitability.
- Technical Knowledge: Develop and continually expand technical knowledge of processes, and when necessary, problem solve for continuous improvement.
- Value and Velocity: Create a culture of relentless pursuit of continuous improvement, focused and data based.
- Environmental: Manage the environmental programs for the Plant. Participate as a member of the Corporate Environmental Team.
- People: Build a high performing, skilled team to instil ownership of Plant objectives through selection, performance assessments, training and development of associates.
- Quality: Optimize the production process to assure that quality is built-in, not inspected in. Quality levels must meet customer requirements.
- Values: Model the Corporate Values and Principles, including instilling a high performance, people-driven culture, providing high expectations and high support.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for delivering key business goals through team-working, operational excellence and sound project management.
- The role requires strong leadership skills and the day to day demonstration of the appropriate attitudes and behaviours, encouraging the delivery of individual, team and site objectives.
- Improvements in individual and team performance must be based on a clear MCC strategy, an agreed vision for the future, clarity of goals, focus and a sense of urgency.
- The job holder must “manage by facts” and set in place clear, unambiguous KPI’s that are well communicated and highlight the on-going performance of internal customer – supplier relationships and the wider needs of MCC.
- The drive to deliver best industry practice along with optimal Sales support is paramount.
- Capacity creation and customer service are vital areas of focus.
- The Operations Manager is key to improving business performance by challenging and supporting the management team in their short, medium and long term goals.
- Constructive feedback must be openly given along with appropriate support material.
- Day to day tasks must be conducted with an awareness that attitudes and behaviours are equally as important as skills and knowledge daily management of the site operations.
- Creation of a safe environment and key driver of the site safety objectives.
- Leader and planner of the Management / Operations Team activities.
- Overview of the quality systems and input into the construction of procedures and risk assessments.
- Awareness of, and communicator of, changes that effect the site Quality, Safety and Environmental systems.
- Development of the team through coaching and appraisal.
- Creation of value through optimum print planning and delivery.
- Delivery of specific training to encourage a consistent “one way of working” approach to the day to day tasks.
- Coaching the wider teams in a range of Lean techniques. (Yellow / Green / Black Belts).
- The pursuit of operational excellence by encouraging internal customer – supplier relationships.
- Awareness of sister sites best practice programmes and their translation into opportunities for the Daventry site.
- Support the Sales team with customer site visits and audits.
- Working with the Finance team to raise awareness of costs and the development of the appropriate financial targets.
- Support the HR programme by delivering structure, raising awareness of our legal responsibilities and consistent reinforcement of site aims and values.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Level 8 degree in in an applicable engineering or business discipline (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years of progressive and extensive applicable work experience in manufacturing
- Experience guiding and implementing change initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to partner with multiple internal functions across Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Facilities, HR, Finance and Supply Chain Groups
- Structured Problem Solving, Lean systems tools including value stream mapping
- Strong leadership and people management experience
- Proven ability to generate operational budgets
- Ability to manage, coach, motivate and develop direct and indirect staff applying a team approach.
For further information on this Operations Manager role, contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval. Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11422 Cost Accountant Our client is recruiting for a permanent contract role in Drogheda. This role…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12208 Senior Training & Development Specialist We are looking to speak with experienced Senior Training &…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12141 HR Business Partner Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values…