Our client a medical device company located in Galway is recruiting for an Operations Manager. This role will be commutable from Mayo and Clare; there will be normal travel requirements for a role of this nature, to visit suppliers, sub-contractors and partners.
Our client is a developer of innovative medical devices, which transform the mobility, and quality of life of enteral feeding users.
The Operations Manager is a key role and member of the senior leadership team at the company. This new role reports directly to and works with the Company CEO to develop, build out and manage the Company’s Operations Function.
The Company currently sources components from various suppliers and outsources all of its production to a manufacturing partner based in the EU.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the outsourced manufacturing and supply chain activities of the Company. This includes but is not limited to transfer from R&D to production, component management, supplier and partner management, inventory and supply chain management, COGS optimisation and transfer from manufacturing to customer sites based on sales order requirements.
- Set up, lead and develop the Company’s Operations, manage inventory and production to ensure products are manufactured and delivered to market on time and in line with forecasts & orders, in the most efficient manner possible.
- Lead the Company's outsourced manufacturing activities to ensure maximum effectiveness is achieved in the production of high quality products in a timely and cost effective manner
- Accountable to ensure products meet or exceed expected quality standards and any applicable regulatory requirements
- Manage all aspects of capacity planning, manufacturing & product delivery
- Manage new product qualification, introduction and ramp-up to high volume supply
- Manage and drive Supply & Logistics partners to achieve delivery and COGS to set targets, whilst at all times maintaining the appropriate quality standards.
- Propose, negotiate with and qualify new suppliers for existing and new/future products.
- Propose, prepare and execute initiatives to constantly improve production capability, quality, cost-reduction, inventory management and customer service goals.
- Manage global logistics including maintaining a positive relationship with all partners while at the same time driving costs, timelines and standards.
- Ensure that all manufacturing activities are in compliance with quality and regulatory requirements.
- Manage and supervise new R&D products transition to manufacturing.
- Maintain a close relationship with R&D with a particular focus around ensuring that COGS and manufacturability feedback is incorporated into new product design.
- Working with the external supply, manufacturing, and logistics partners, achieve operational excellence in terms of cost, supply, quality, and yield.
- Understand the Company’s market and sales process to ensure that there is a smooth and transparent relationship between Operations and the Sales Organisation.
- Integrate with and participate in cross-functional teams bringing Operations expertise to bear across the Company.
- Prior experience at a senior level managing an Operations function in the Medtech industry.
- Experienced in managing an outsourced Medtech manufacturing provider or alternately managing the provision of outsourced manufacturing services to Medtech companies.
- Experience of successfully launching new products to manufacturing in the life sciences industry.
- Successful in managing and developing relationships with Partners whilst obtaining required results in a supply chain environment.
- Experience of managing people and ensuring that all team members are trained, motivated and performing highly on a consistent basis.
- Highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic, ambition with technical and soft skills to deliver on talent.
- Have a significant interest in user needs, product development, and the process of bringing solutions to market.
- Excellent communication skills that can harness and develop internal and external engagement.
- Deep interest in bringing innovative medical products to market to fulfil patient needs.
- Ability to fit into a close-knit team with a highly collaborative culture and can-do attitude.
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree (level 8) in Science, Engineering, or similar technical discipline.
- 8+ years Operations Management experience, with proven track record in a regulated manufacturing / operations environment.
- Deep knowledge of ISO13485 standards and EU/FDA regulatory environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Track record in people motivation, organisation development and team building experience, ideally in start-up environment.
- Proven relationship building & management experience, including effective stakeholder management expertise.
- Solid strategic planning abilities and good business acumen.
- Track record in leading projects to a successful completion.
- Proven track record in successfully launching new products and managing projects.
For further information on this Operations Manager role please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Operations Manager Our client a medical device company located in Galway is recruiting for an Operations Manager. This role will…
Production Unit Operations Manager Our client, a global leader in medical devices is recruiting for a Production Unit Manager to…
Quality Manager Our client a SME is recruiting for a Quality Manager to join their team in Clare. This is…