Operations Manager (Weekend Shift)
Job ID: JOB-12708
Operations Manager – Cork (Weekend Shift)
As an Operations Manager you will have the opportunity to inspire, lead and mentor diverse teams across our site in Cork. We expect to win as a team by doing things the right way and challenging each other to strive for the very best.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Day-to-day effective management of production, ensuring products are produced in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Establish performance targets for the Business Unit(s), and monitor actual Business Unit performance against targets, taking appropriate and timely corrective action where negative trends begin to emerge.
- Leadership of one or multiple high performing and diverse teams across units, provides guidance / direction to the operational and functional areas on site, fostering an environment of proactive and continuous improvement approach.
- Mentors and coaches
- Ensure that sufficient processes are in place for capacity planning so the organisation’s commitment to meets or exceeds customer requirements are met.
- Sponsors an environment of Safety, Quality, People Development and CI within Stryker by working with business partners to define expected standards and the roles/responsibilities in the conservation of these standards.
- Champions a positive employee environment by promoting open communication, engagement and development of quality teams.
- Promotes a culture of inclusiveness, trust, flexibility and teamwork.
- Ensures effective processes in selection of competent talent and supports the development of future potential experts and leaders.
- Ensures effective training and performance management processes are in place and executed.
- Sponsors and ensures engagement in all internal and external audit programmes such as Corporate, notified body & FDA audits.
- Oversight and responsibility to ensure operation units maintains adherence to all KPI’s (Safety, Quality, Service, Cost, and People Development). Continuously monitors and partakes in Local and global forums to assess opportunities for improvement.
- With global alignment, ensures that necessary Capacity is in place across the network to meet our Customers’ Demands.
- Represent the Operations function in NPI launches, ensuring availability of resources and FG product to meet agreed launch plans.
- Foster solid collaboration across all functions, has a strategic view in identifying alignment and developing strategies.
- Contribute as a key member of SYK Site Management Team to develop and implement an operational execution plan for the site
- Build a high trust and engagement culture within operations.
- Ensure effective performance management, communications, and recognition within function.
- Supporting and / or managing major CI Programs as required, which may include being involved at any or all phases of project / program from idea to execution phase.
- Project manage the more complex improvement initiatives as required
- Support Standardising approaches and practices across Operations Locally and Globally.
Qualifications Knowledge Skills
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering/ Business or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years’ experience and an established track record of successfully creating and managing a highly talented, engaged and performing team.
- Passionate about delivery and has an established track record of delivering results in a complex, dynamic, and results motivated environment.
- Passionate about delivery and has a successful track record of delivering results in a complex, dynamic, and results motivated environment.
- Provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff
- Excellent leader with a skill for engaging their team in a common goal
- Operates with considerable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Exceptional communication skills to influence key decision makers at all levels within the Organisation.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit for driving business forward- relentless drive to deliver on bold and innovative change initiatives.
- Initiates, sponsors, and implements change
- Steady emotional intelligence to guide how to achieve through others.
- Sound financial acumen
For further information on this role in Cork please contact Emma Griffin on +353 860334325 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12828 Associate Manager QA Regulatory Compliance We know it’s not all about the money when you’re looking…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12827 Senior QA Operations Manager Location: Limerick Permanent position Ready to join one of the truly great companies in…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12826 Engineering Manager Maintenance Engineering Location: Cork I am looking to speak with…