|Location||Galway / Shannon Galway / Clare|
Job ID: JOB-13438
Job Title: Operations Planner
Job Function: Supply Chain
A Scheduler is responsible for creating and updating the daily schedule at their site. This involves working closely with the Operations Planner and Operations, to ensure the End-to-End Plan in the Emergency Zone is converted into a schedule which will be executed on time. The scheduler may also be required to ensure interplant raw material availability meets the supply plan. The scheduler will lead Planning related projects and collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to deliver same on time. In doing so, this position helps Zimmer Biomet commit to the highest standards of patient safety and quality in our products and services and to world-class and ethical business practices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy & Vision
• Responsibility for the production schedule and ensuring any issues which will impact its timely execution are communicated/escalated to the relevant stakeholders. Operations
• Generate weekly schedules in sites scheduling software.
• Rescheduling as appropriate on a daily basis.
• Communicating to Operations Planning all issues impacting the Supply Plan.
• Participate in daily/weekly meetings where the schedule is concerned.
• Participate in the continual improvement of planning practices to ensure best in class production planning capability of individual plant, and Zimmer Biomet as a whole.
• Collaborate within the Supply Chain function to ensure standard process are managed and adhered to.
• Monitor the integrity of data accuracy in the scheduling software.
• Lead Cost and Inventory related projects which support the delivery strategy for the site.
• Ensure Planning related reports are circulated/published in a timely manner.
Expected Areas of Competence (i.e. KSAs)
• Knowledge of supply chain planning and management
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work to deadlines and produce outputs on a regular, timely basis
• Understanding of end-to-end supply chain interactions, activities, and underlying interdependencies
• Ability to use analytical tools to issue, support, and execute decisions
• Analytical skills and ability to extract meaning information from various sources of data
• Ability to communicate effectively both upwards and across the organization
• Act on own initiative, strong IT, administrative, planning, organisation and communication skills.
• Strong team player and demonstrated continuous improvement success.
• 3rd Level Diploma Degree in Business/Supply Chain/Engineering ideally, APICS/CPIM preferred.
• 1+ years’ progressive work experience and responsibility within high-volume regulated manufacturing environment preferably medical devices.
• Strong MRP understanding and experience with one or more ERP integrated systems (e.g. SAP, JD Edwards,).
• Planning experience preferred
• In-depth knowledge of order management, planning, scheduling, purchasing and inventory control.
• Proficient with using Microsoft Office software, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
|mobile||+353 86 046 88 58|
|linkedIn profile||click here|
Manufacturing Engineer II
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13512 Manufacturing Engineer Location: Cork Permanent Are you an engineer with a passion for working with…
Junior CSV Engineer
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13511 Junior CSV Engineer We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior CSV Engineer. This individual…
Senior Quality Systems Engineer
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13482 Senior Quality Systems Engineer We are speaking with experienced Quality Systems Engineer about the exciting…