My Client a leading Global Multinational are looking to attract an Operations Program Manager for their Infectious Disease Emerging Markets (IDEM) business unit. The successful candidate will work with global corporate and manufacturing functions based in the US, Europe and Asia, overseeing the end to end program management of strategic operational projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for program definition and execution; developing the strategy and vision of the Operational Excellence program over the next 3-5 years, in collaboration with the broader Operations organization.
- Translating strategies into program/project plans; including scope management, stakeholder management, deliverables (KPIs), schedule, budget management, risk management and resource requirements.
- The scope of the role includes new product launch, Operations capacity expansion and ramp, network optimization, product standardization and implementation of best in class project management systems to enable step-change margin improvement
- Acts as global leader for cross-functional project teams; identifies and leads the Project Teams, owns the Project Plans (Gantts), leads and coordinates execution of all activities required for change implementation.
- Creating/maintaining the project documentation that will be used throughout the change lifecycle ensuring change is controlled and aligned with corporate strategy and business objectives.
- Prioritizing work and resources to best meet IDEM priorities and financial targets (including CIP/PPV/Unit Cost Glides), resolving issues and initiating corrective actions as appropriate for delivery of program.
- Developing/managing program governance model and communication plan
- Establishing and leading proactive, transparent, and effective communications cadence to ensure timely dissemination of information with the senior leadership team, program/project teams, and matrix stakeholders.
- Leading and motivating the project team
- Coaching and/or mentoring indirect reports (project team) to ensure a comprehensive, integrated program strategy that delivers outcomes of strategic importance to the business.
- Driving continuous improvement into activities within the Operational Excellence and Manufacturing Operations organizations and seeking regular feedback from leadership and stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) which should include supply chain, engineering, science, IT or business disciplines.
- 5 years’ project management experience planning and coordination of multiple priorities.
- Medical Device, Pharmaceutical Industry experience essential, medical diagnostic industry preferred.
- Project Management Qualification PRINCE2, MSP, PMP, Agile essential
- Exceptional project management skills, with proven ability to clearly define objectives and priorities, establish milestones, anticipate and mitigate risks, lead cross-functional teams a must
- Ability to create & manage a vision, think strategically, plan and organize, innovate, analyse complex data and situations, and exercise sound judgment throughout the organization.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to secure “buy in” across the Project
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally/International travel is a regular requirement of the role.
For further information on this Operations Manager role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.