Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an Operations Supervisor for their site.
- Production People Leader responsible for one or more production areas and teams. Accountable for delivery of production area results. Supervision involves recruitment, performance management, development and engagement of the team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Leads a production team to ensure targets/KPIs for quality/service/costs/people development are achieved.
- Ensures quality standards and expectations are communicated and deployed. Quality standards and objectives (rework, scrap, line clearance, QA audits, and cell/value stream shutdown) are communicated and achieved.
- Manages and prioritises production to meet customer requirements and maintain inventory levels. Communicate and manage output levels.
- Sets team and individuals up for success by providing training, coaching, feedback and support.
- Creates a positive employee relations environment and facilitates high engagement within the production team and with the cross functional team.
- Provides timely feedback and review, and ensures all performance issues are dealt with in a constructive, fair and prompt manner. Ensures that all employees are treated with fairness and respect.
- Facilitates open two-way communications regarding individual, team and company performance through weekly team meetings and daily interaction on the line with a view to optimising efficiency and productivity.
- Liaises with training to develop and implement training curriculums and team training plans.
- Participates in the selection and hiring of Production Operators
- Maintains GMP / 6S at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members.
- Lead / participate in continuous improvement activities, e.g. Lean/Cost Reduction initiatives
- Ensures Time and Attendance system compliance and effective Annual Leave and Overtime planning
- Provides leadership and direction for the advancement of Lean Manufacturing
- All other duties as assigned.
- Degree or Masters in Business, Production Management, Engineering or similar Discipline or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 4 years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 years minimum Supervisor experience.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of a production environment.
- Usually works with a minimum of supervision, conferring with leader on unusual matters.
- Demonstrated leadership aptitude to work with people and set direction as part of a cross functional team.
- Excellent knowledge & computer skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements, housekeeping, health and safety.
- Genuine interest in investing in people and facilitates individual and team engagement and development.
- Ability to coach, provide effective feedback and manage performance.
- Problem solving methodology experience required with process knowledge desirable.
- Can interpret and analyse information and translate into operation actions.
- Excellent Influencing and communication skills
For further information on this Operations Supervisor role in Cork please contact Anne Gough on 0212066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval