Our client, a medical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an Operations Supervisor for their site.
Job Description / Information
- Production People Leader responsible for one or more production areas and teams. Accountable for delivery of production area results. Supervision involves recruitment, performance management, development and engagement of the team.
- Leads a production team to ensure targets/KPIs for quality/service/costs/people development are achieved.
- Ensures quality standards and expectations are communicated and deployed. Quality standards and objectives (rework, scrap, line clearance, QA audits, and cell/value stream shutdown) are communicated and achieved.
- Manages and prioritises production to meet customer requirements and maintain inventory levels. Communicate and manage output levels.
- Sets team and individuals up for success by providing training, coaching, feedback and support.
- Creates a positive employee relations environment and facilitates high engagement within the production team and with the cross functional team.
- Provides timely feedback and review, and ensures all performance issues are dealt with in a constructive, fair and prompt manner. Ensures that all employees are treated with fairness and respect.
- Facilitates open two-way communications regarding individual, team and company performance through weekly team meetings and daily interaction on the line with a view to optimising efficiency and productivity.
- Liaises with training to develop and implement training curriculums and team training plans.
- Participates in the selection and hiring of Production Operators
- Maintains GMP / 6S at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members.
- Lead / participate in continuous improvement activities, e.g. Lean/Cost Reduction initiatives
- Ensures Time and Attendance system compliance and effective Annual Leave and Overtime planning
- Provides leadership and direction for the advancement of Lean Manufacturing
- All other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2/3 years supervisory/people management experience in a high volume manufacturing environment required.
- Third level technical qualification or extensive experience in a technical environment required.
- Production process troubleshooting experience required.
- Dynamic "hands-on" individual prepared to take responsibility.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of ISO/QS9000 and FDA Quality standards.
- Good working knowledge of MRP.
- High level of PC skills required.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval