Telephone: 086 7738651
Our client, a medical device company in Cork is currently looking to recruit an Operations Supervisor
for their site.
- Leads a production team to ensure targets/KPIs for quality/service/costs/people development are achieved.
- Ensure quality standards and expectations are communicated and deployed. Quality standards and objectives (rework, scrap, line clearance, QA audits, cell/value stream shutdown) are communicated and achieved.
- Manages and prioritizes production to meet customer requirements and maintain inventory levels. Communicate and manage output levels.
- Sets team and individuals up for success by providing training, coaching, feedback and support.
- Creates a positive employee relations environment and facilitates high engagement within the production team and with the cross functional team.
- Provides timely feedback and review, and ensure all performance issues are dealt with in a constructive, fair and prompt manner.
- Ensure that all employees are treated with fairness and respect.
- Facilitates open two-way communications regarding individual, team and company performance through weekly team meetings and daily interaction on the line with a view to optimising efficiency and productivity.
- Liaises with training to develop and implement training curriculums and team training plans.
- Participates in the selection and hiring of Production Operators
- Maintains GMP / 6S at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members.
- Lead / participate in continuous improvement activities, e.g. Lean/Cost Reduction initiatives
- Ensure Time and Attendance system compliance and effective Annual Leave and Overtime planning
- Provides leadership and direction for the advancement of Lean Manufacturing
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or Masters in Business, Production Management, Engineering or similar Discipline or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 4 years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 years minimum Supervisor experience.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of a production environment.
- Usually works with a minimum of supervision, conferring with leader on unusual matters.
- Demonstrated leadership aptitude to work with people and set direction as part of a cross functional team.
- Excellent knowledge & computer skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements, housekeeping, health and safety.
- Genuine interest in investing in people and facilitates individual and team engagement and development.
- Ability to coach, provide effective feedback and manage performance.
- Problem solving methodology experience required with process knowledge desirable.
- Can interpret and analyses information and translate into operation actions.
- Excellent Influencing and communication skills
For further information on this Operations Supervisor role in Cork please contact Fiona on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.