Telephone: 087 2197421
Our client, an automotive company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Optical Engineer
for their site.
As an Optical Engineer you will be responsible for the development of state of the imaging optics across a range of applications. Working within a highly specialized team of Optics, Image Sensor and Image Signal Processing experts, and with some of the largest OEM’s in the industry you will be expected to define, plan, validate and deliver best in class imaging optics in line with the cutting edge automotive vision applications.
- Optics Design & Simulation
- Mechanical Simulation of optical designs (inc. thermal shift, stress, deformation etc.)
- Develop automotive optics specifications for a wide range Viewing and Computer Visionapplications.
- Work closely with lens suppliers during design, quotation, development and validation phases of lens development.
- Perform in depth optical testing to support optics characterisation, design validation and research & development for next generation applications
- Review Customer Requirements and translate into internal optics requirements and specifications.
- Define and maintain development plans within projects and provide regular engineering reports on status and performance of same.
- Provide support to Purchasing, Quality and Manufacturing on all optics related issues.
- Interface directly to your counterparts at customer sites where appropriate.
- Support the validation of automotive optics at component level in the optics lab, at the camera module level in the Image Quality Lab and in the real world on test vehicles in line with best practices, latest ISO standards and customer expectations.
- Perform research into new technology, ideas, and approaches to ensure the organisation remains abreast of all leading edge/emerging vision technologies.
- Work innovatively and creatively within the group with a particular focus on protecting innovation and IP through the patent process.
- Required Skills/Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Optics Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years imaging optics experience
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of innovation and motivation
- Experience with PC-based optical simulation tools (Zemax, Code V, TracePro, Matlab, etc.)
- Use of optical test equipment (Trioptics, Optikos, etc)
- Experience of high volume lens manufacturing, assembly and test processes
- Straylight Analysis
- Experience of advanced coating and blackening technologies
- Automotive industry experience
For further information on this Optical Engineer role in Galway please contact Anne Marie on 087 2197421/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.