Telephone: 087 2197421
Optics Engineer - Image Quality
Our client, an automotive company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Optics Engineer - Image Quality for their site.
- Optics Design & Simulation
- Mechanical Simulation of optical designs (including thermal shift, stress, deformation etc.)
- Develop automotive optics specifications for a wide range Viewing and Computer Vision applications.
- Work closely with lens suppliers during design, quotation, development and validation phases of lens development.
- Perform in depth optical testing to support optics characterisation, design validation and research & development for next generation applications
- Review Customer Requirements and translate into internal optics requirements and specifications.
- Define and maintain development plans within projects and provide regular engineering reports on status and performance of same.
- Provide support to Purchasing, Quality and Manufacturing on all optics related issues.
- Interface directly to your counterparts at customer sites where appropriate.
- Support the validation of automotive optics at component level in the optics lab, at the camera module level in the Image Quality Lab and in the real world on test vehicles in line with best practices, latest ISO standards and customer expectations.
- Perform research into new technology, ideas, and approaches to ensure the organisation remains abreast of all leading edge/emerging vision technologies.
- Work innovatively and creatively within the group with a particular focus on protecting innovation and IP through the patent process.
Required Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Optics Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years imaging optics experience
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of innovation and motivation
- Desired Attributes
- Experience with PC-based optical simulation tools (Zemax, Code V, TracePro, Matlab, etc.)
- Use of optical test equipment (Trioptics, Optikos, etc)
- Experience of high volume lens manufacturing, assembly and test processes
- Straylight Analysis
- Experience of advance coating and blackening technologies
- Automotive industry experience
For further information on this Optics Engineer - Image Quality role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval