Telephone: 087 2197421
P1 Test Engineer
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a P1 Test Engineer for their site.
Design & Delivery of Series Production Test Systems for New Products by Research, Design & Development of Standardised Test Strategies to meet P1 Project Milestones. Work as directed by P1 Test Engineering Team Leader to provide efficient & effective Test solutions.
- Drive Test Engineering best practices including S/W & H/W standardisation from Prototyping through to Series Production.
- Provide requirements to DFT, DFMs, PFMEAs & Design Reviews.
- Work closely with P2 Test Engineering & P1 Project Teams in delivering new projects to Production with clear focus on Cycle Times Targets, First Time Yield, Direct Labour and Test System Efficiency/Utilisation.
- Provide training to Technician/Engineering Group as part of Project handover to Production
- Support Product Line Development and Open Issues
- Support New Production Equipment Deliveries
- Development/ Integration/ Testing of cutting edge technologies and latest communication standards to the Test Framework
- Drive Test Engineering best practices within the S/W, H/W & Mech Eng Design Teams.
- Develop Test Sequences on existing Bespoke Test sequencer and future NI Test Platform.
- Integration of Test applications to Automated Production Processes
- Liaise with P1 Design Engineers (Hardware/Software & Mechanical), Process Engineering in the Design,
- Development and Delivery of Test System Solutions and provide input/updates to DFT, DFMs, PFMEAs & Design Reviews.
- Specify and Design test fixtures, considering Poka Yoke techniques, etc.
- Generation of Qualification Plan and statistical data to validate product test strategy
- Generation of Technical & Training documentation
- Degree/Diploma in Electronics Engineering/Mechatronics or Equivalent
- Minimum 4 Years’ Experience within Electronics Manufacturing Environment (ideally Automotive Electronics)
- NI LabView and TestStand Experience with Certification considered beneficial.
- Software Programming Skills – C, C++, Batch programming or similar.
- General Software Packages skills – Microsoft Office Suite, Minitab, etc.
- Experience with Protocol standards GPIB, RS232, LIN, CAN, Ethernet & WiFi.
- Experience in Video Standards – LVDS, NTSC, Ethernet.
- Experience with Automation equipment (Sensors, I/O, PLC’s, Robotics).
- Experience in document writing is required, i.e. procedures, specifications, reports, etc.
- Experience with CAD packages, CadStar, SolidWorks, etc would be beneficial.
- Experience with In Circuit Test and Principals would be Beneficial.
- Must have excellent debug and problem solving skills.
- Must be capable of generating and understanding Capability and R&R reports.
- Project management skills would be Beneficial.
- Knowledge of DFT/DFM requirements for PCB and Final Assembly Required.
- Mechanical Engineering principles Experience would be Beneficial.
For further information on this P1 Test Engineer role in Galway please contact Anne-Marie 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval