Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork is currently looking to recruit an P2P Financial Analyst for their site.
The role of a P2P Financial Analyst involves having responsibility for P2P coordination of information from all aspects of the P2P Process. P2P activity includes and is not limited to Vendor master Data (VMD), Disbursements, Purchasing Process Associates (PPA), Invoice Exception handling, BPO governance and Single Point of Contact (SPOC) duties. All Financial Analysts are responsible for professional interaction with business partners/affiliates.
- Ensure Compliance to our Sox and Business Control environment.
- Monitoring / Troubleshooting Multi Currency disbursements. Liaising with our outsourced partners, Global Treasury and IT to resolve issues.
- Accounting Quality Reviews (e.g. sample audits)
- Perform quality reviews
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve issues
- Deliver training as needed
- Build Strong Working Relationships with:
- Local Controllers and accountants for assigned affiliates
- Other SSC functions: GA, O2C, etc.
- Regular communication to internal and external customers, proposals to management for process improvement solutions
- Prepare Account Reconciliations / Detailed Analysis
- Identify appropriate reconciliation methodology based on the type of account being reconciled
- Understands appropriate reconciliation supporting documentation
- Create/maintain account models (templates used to define reconciliation methodology and process steps)
- Gather and report on the department's processing metrics including determining relevant statistical data to measure
- Able to work with others to gather appropriate reconciliation supporting documentation
- Troubleshooting for:
- Third party outsourced processes and controls
- SAP general accounting processes
- Research and resolve reconciliation issues
- Preparing and/or reviewing withholding tax filings (for US entities)
- Managing VAT claims
- To run regular meetings & conference calls with clients when & where applicable
- Creditors Reporting – to create & maintain databases/reports for the purpose of management information and decision making
- Developing and implementing process improvements
Other potential responsibilities:
- Special project work as it is identified
- Creation and presentation of training materials as deemed appropriate
- Ability to understand and implement new/updated accounting rules and policies as required
- Ensure compliance to Global Design and Best practice, identify process improvements where appropriate
Create, Promote and Maintain Operational Excellence
- P2P Process improvement coordinator
- Champion throughout P2P a process improvement philosophy
- Identify, and work with the P2P team to identify, key process improvements
- Driving improvement in metrics
- Coordinate the delivery of P2P process improvements within the GBS and globally as appropriate
- Cross Tower Interactions Owner
- Work with GA and O2C to ensure that the required information is flowing in a timely fashion and adding value to the affiliates
- Identify key risk areas of concern within the other towers and ensure that management are aware
- Highlight and implement areas of improvement in the process
- Supports organizational changes.
- Demonstrates flexibility in providing coverage and/or availability for scheduling adjustments for unexpected absences, events, or meeting volume variances.
- Providing training to the business areas that support the processes. e.g. basic required training, or to improve efficiency of the processes
- Participates in internal and external educational opportunities relevant to the Information or customer service environment.
- Understand and follow all compliance policies, laws, regulations and The Red Book.
- Ensure adherence to all document retention requirements in line with Global Record Retention Schedule and any applicable local legal requirements, including filing, storing, archiving, and destroying documents at the end of the record retention period
- Ensure all SOx and Operational controls are completed and followed to level required and within agreed timeframe.
- Integrate compliance into daily activities.
- Comply with any corrective actions.
- Cooperate with investigations, monitoring and audits.
- ACA,ACCA,ACMA qualified accountant/part qualified
- 2 years SSC – P2P Accounting experience
- Indirect/direct taxation experience
- GAAP / IFRS accounting standards knowledge is beneficial
- Multi-lingual skills beneficial.
- Self-starter, high learning agility
- Ability to influence at all levels without direct authority
- Experience working in a high production, deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS technical accounting
- Experience in and deep understanding of judgmental accounting transactions such as accruals, prepayments and expense reporting.
- The ability to apply this knowledge in the preparation and/or review of judgmental accounting journal entries, monthly closings, account reconciliation analysis, intercompany and other required activities
- Ability to apply strong accounting theory in reviewing Affiliate accounting activities for compliance with US GAAP/IFRS, company policies, SOx and other requirements
- General business/functional knowledge
- Advanced proficiency in using Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong research and issues resolution skills
- Develop and deliver accounting presentations/training
- Develop good relationships with various levels of personnel in the companies Financial organization, Affiliate organization, third party service providers, and external auditors
- Knowledgeable of:
- SAP detailed transactions as required for job
- SAP financial master data and data flow
- SAP Experience
- Withholding tax general knowledge/experience on US entities/EU entities
- Compliance and controls experience an advantage
For further information on this P2P Financial Analyst role in Cork please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.